Chapter 5

Elliana Pov:

I had just got to the field after going back to my dorm and changing into practice clothes and grabbing my soccer bag. I was in a rush so I had put my hair into a bun, it wasn't the neatest but it would have to do for now. I had my bag slung on my right shoulder and was holding my cleats with my left hand. I was wearing some blue Uconn shorts with a white Adidas shirt. As I was walking to the bench to change into my cleats, Issy walked up to me.

"So how was that date with Paige" She smirks

I blush before widening my eyes. How did she know that Paige and I hung out?

"It wasn't a date, we were just hanging out" I reply with a light blush still on my cheeks

"That's what they always say," She says in a sing-songy voice

I shove her playfully before changing into my cleats and shin guard. Coach had huddled us up into a circle.

"Thank you girls for coming today on such short notice. Today we are going to review some plays for our game next Sunday against Butler. Anyway, line up and get ready we're gonna start the beep test" Coach announces

We all groan jogging over to the sideline. We all get in a position to run. When the machines make the annoying noise we have to run. It constantly speeds up.

It was down to the final two people running. It was me and Issy running last. I couldn't feel my legs but I pushed myself to do two more. Issy dropped out after doing one more. So it was currently just me. I did one more before collapsing on the floor.

I groan in exhaustion. My legs felt numb. Jada helped me up. I went to get water.

The rest of the practice was reviewing plays and in the last 15 minutes, we did a scrimmage.

After practice was over I walked to my dorm with Issy. I went into the shower immediately and showered. I ended up putting on some grey sweats with a black baggy graphic t-shirt. I plopped myself on the couch and turned on the tv.

It was currently 4:36. Issy came out of her room and sat on the couch next to me.

"I'm hungry, wanna go to go eat something with me," She asks

"Yeah sure I'm always down to hang out with my other half" I joke around

We both stand up from the couch and head out of the dorm. We walk to a food place called Eat Joy. We walk into the restaurant and we see Tyler and Jayden Reid. They walk towards us. Tyler gives me a hug and then gives Issy a hug. Tyler also gives both of us hugs.

"Did you guys have to do the beep test too?" I ask both of them

They both slap their foreheads in annoyance. Tyler then nods his head yes. Their reaction gave it away too.

"I dont even understand the point of it honestly," Jayden says

"Yeah I'm pretty sure it to kill us before the season starts" Issy adds

"Speaking of the season when is your first game and who are you guys up against," Tyler asks

"Next Sunday we play Butler" I respond

"Cool, we'll go right Jay?" Tyler says looking at Jayden

"Yeah for sure," He says smiling

We order our food and sit down at a table messing and joking around with each other. We end up discussing when our teams can hang out. We end up deciding after our game on Sunday.

We stay there talking around and finishing up our food until it was 6. I and Issy then get up saying goodbye to the both of them before heading back to our dorm.

I head to my room and throw myself on my bed. A few minutes later Issy comes into the room sitting on my bed. I raise an eyebrow at her confused.

"What's up?" I ask

"How was it with Paige?" She asks

"It was great actually, I dont know but when I'm around her I feel safe and loved. I feel like we're the only two people in the world. She's really nice and caring, she's really beautiful, and she has this smile that could light up this world" I respond blushing

She smiles at me. "I'm happy for you El, I see the way you look at each other, and I could tell you really care for each other"

"But what if she doesn't like me the way I like her?" I ask looking down at my covers

"Elli look at me," She says sternly but quietly

"You just have to shoot your shot, if she doesn't like you then that's on her. You're an amazing person. Your kind, sweet, smart, funny, and absolutely gorgeous if she doesn't see that then it's her loss."

I smile at her before going in and hugging her.

"What would I do without you?" I ask her

I know that I and Issy just met a few days ago but it felt like I've known her my whole life. She really is like my other half. Ever since we met we've done everything together.

"Crash and burn," She says laughing

I punch her playfully on the shoulder before laughing with her. She pulls away from the embrace before standing up from my bed. "Think about what I said alright?" She says

I nod my head. "Night Is," I say

"Nigh El"