Chapter 17

Elli Pov:

"This project is absolutely stupid!" I groan, slamming my head against the library table, stressed.

"Calm down El," Tyler says trying to soothe me.

"We're gonna finish this project and get a good grade on it," Jayden said.

"Yeah and then we can all hang out," Issy says, smiling.

The four of us had a presentation on the Declaration of Independence. And I was super stressed. The good part of this presentation is that I would be working on it with my best friends.

"Yeah, you guys are right. But there's just so much we have o do and so little time to finish it all," I say.

"Then Issy and Jayden will write ad create the introduction, and the background of the Declaration of Independence, and you and I will write the cause and how it affected the colonists," Tyler says.

I smile as I look at Jayden and Issy. "Alright that sounds better, but do you wanna go get some snacks? I'm kind of hungry," I say to Ty.

"Yeah sure why not," Ty says as he closes his laptop and stands up from his chair.

I close my laptop and stand up from my chair. "Do you guys want something?" I ask them.

"Nah I'm good," Jayden says

"Yeah I'm good too," Issy says

"Alright, we'll be back soon" Ty, says

As we were walking to the nearby store to grab the snacks, we ran into Evina, Olivia, and Christyn.

"Hey" I smile

"Hi El," Evina says, giving me a hug.

Christyn and Olivia gave me a hug and then went over and hugged Tyler.

"What are you guys doing?" Tyler asks

"Grabbing some snacks for movie night," Christyn says

"What are you two doing here?" Olivia asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Grabbing some snacks since I know for sure we're gonna have to pull an all-nighter for this project," I said,

We were walking towards the chips section whilst talking to my sister and the rest of her team. I saw some popcorn and immediately grabbed it. I loved popcorn, I always have too.

"Uhm El, have you seen the news?" Christian asks sort of concerned, she seemed to be reading something off of her phone.

"Uhm no why?" I ask facing her as I place the bag of popcorn in the cart.

"You might wanna see it," Christyn says.

Christyn hands me her phone and the title of the newspaper was "Star UCONN players caught kissing!?". I read through it and it had pictures of me and Paige dancing and our kiss in the rain, which happened a few days ago. I started to panic.

"We didn't see anyone in the area. How did they get these pictures? How did they find out?" I say panicking and acting around the aisle. 

Evina grabbed both of my arms to stop me from pacing around the room. "Hey, calm down everything going to be fine, talk to Paige and discuss if you both want to go public"

I take a few deep breaths before nodding my head. "Yeah, I'll talk with her"

-

After getting done with our project I started heading towards Paige's dorm and whilst I was heading there people were looking at me and whispering. I knew what they were whispering about, I tried not to let it get to me, but all of this was new to me. When I arrived at Paige's dorm I knocked and Nika opened the door.

"Hey, El!" Nika said smiling.

"Hey, uhm, is Paige here?" I ask sort of nervously.

"Uhm yeah, in her room," Nika ansers. "You saw the news didn't you?" 

I smile as I walk into the dorm. "Yeah, Christyn showed it to me,"

"I'm sorry that happened," She said giving me a smile, and rubbing my shoulder.

"Thanks, Nika," I say smiling right back.

Nika sits on the couch back to watching her show and I start walking down the hall to go Paige's room. Once I'm at her room I knock on the door. Normally  I would just head into the room but my nerves were taking the best of me.

"Come in" I hear her yell.

I open the door and I see her laying on her bed. She was on her phone probably on her social media, and she looks up and smiles once she sees me. She sits up and pats the spot next to her signaling for me to go and sit next to her.

I sit down next to her placing my head on her chest. "Hey" I softly say.

"Hey," She said placing her phone down and playing with my hair.

"Uh, did you hear about the news?" I ask quietly 

"Yeah, I did,"

It stayed quiet for a little while. The quietness was a mix of awkwardness and comfortable silence. We both were trying to gather our thoughts together. We were trying to figure out what to say to one another.

"I want to go public if that's okay with you," I say quickly, I look up at her to see her already looking at me.

She smiles and kisses my forehead. "Yeah, I'd been wanting to go public with our relationship too. I want to be able to kiss you and hold your hand in public. I want to take you on dates as normal people do,'' She sits me up in her lap facing her. "I love you, Elliana Westbrook"

I smile, "I love you too," I said cupping her cheeks.

She leans in and connects our lips together. It was a very slow and passionate kiss. It was just a kiss involving our lips. When we pull away to catch out breath, I smile at her nuzzling my face in her neck. She wraps her arms around my waist and kisses the top of my head.

"You wanna cuddle and watch movies?" She asks

"Yeah, I'd like that" I smile kissing her cheek.

And that was how we ended our night, being with each other and cuddling. And I loved every moment of it. I love all these moments I have with her like this.