Frenkie de Jong

Word Count : 1213

Requested by  myriamohh2006

Frenkie de Jong

💙 FC Barcelona ❤️

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

You stare at yourself in the mirror, wearing your matching white and black basketball shorts and tank top. You tie your hair up in a ponytail in the back of your head, before putting on your headband, inhaling deeply.

One of your teammates puts her hand on your shoulder, saying, "Ready, Y/n?"

"It's going to be pretty tough out there on that court tonight," you point out with a sigh.

"Sure, but we both know that isn't going to stop you," she grins, which makes you smile slightly.

Your teammates are always encouraging to you, but every day, it gets harder. Six months ago, you started dating the man of your dreams, only to never be able to see him. Your teammates know the toll it has been on you.

"Hey, Y/n, chin up," smiles your teammate, nudging your shoulder with hers. "Go out there and do it for him."

You try to blink the tears away from your eyes. "I know... I always do..."

Six months ago, you went to Qatar for the World Cup and met him.

He was so much more logical about it.

You watched every single match.

And in between, you went out with him.

And quite honestly, it was love at first sight.

Both of you were interested right away. There was no denying it.

But now you can visualize it, feel it, and be sent to that moment about six months ago.

You sit in the hotel lobby. Staring into each other's eyes. The Netherlands just got out of the World Cup because if their loss to Argentina. There was disappointment in his eyes, and over the table, you held his hand. Squeezing it.

You knew how loosing feels. You both play sports professionally. You knew how devastating it can feel.

To make it to the Quarter-Finals and all.

He smiled at you, because he is like that. He is so good at keeping his emotions in check. Thinking about it rationally. Logically. Something you have always loved and admired, but never been good at yourself.

Maybe that's why you like him so much.

He's so different from you.

He's so logical, so he told you that day, "Y/n... It's obvious we really like each other... But there is an elephant in the room that I think we have both been avoiding like the plague, but it has got to be mentioned."