Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

We teleported to the grand hall as soon as Denarius gave us the news. My heart was a violent drum beat in my chest, rising toward my throat with anxiety. I had no idea what was making me so nervous; seeing my siblings again maybe? Seeing Zeus react to their presence? I had no idea.

With Hannibal and Arikos flanking me as we entered the main temple, we came in through the open doors to the grand hall, which was heavily guarded by an assortment of gods, one of which included Ares, who gave a nod to us as we entered.

Clear across the other side of the room were three of my siblings, bound in golden shackles that I instantly recognized as the shackles created by the primordial god, Alexion. Shackles that sucked the power right out of a god and left them as fragile and defenseless as a mortal. Even more powerful than anything created by Hephaestus, who was currently admiring the workmanship on the shackles as he stood near the squirming Atlantean Khalian.

I instantly recognized Kali. Her white-blonde hair was a wicked mess, and she'd cut it incredibly short, probably in an attempt to disguise herself from Atlan, but it really didn't help. Her sharp pretty features were easily recognizable. She wore a torn black turtleneck and jeans, her bare feet smacking the tiles. A gag had been forced around her head over her mouth, and her white eyes flashed menacingly when Dionysus got too close.

The Khalian beside her I recognized as Teslius. His long black hair fell in haphazard waves around his square jaw and crooked nose, obviously broken, with blood crusted around his nostrils. His white eyes were downcast, his breath coming out labored in pain, and the way he hunched probably indicated his ribs were fractured, if not broken. His attire consisted only of a pair of leather pants, torn in the back and allowing an unflattering view of a muscled thigh.

Xeli was the last Khalian, standing perfectly still with her bundle of thick dark blonde curls piled on top of her head in a neat bun, her white eyes grave with bitter acceptance. She still managed to look like a stuck-up goddess, even bound in god shackles and wearing a glittering gold floor-length gown.

"Well, well." A voice boomed and instantly the gods recoiled away from the Khalian, who all went still at the sound of Zeus's voice. We moved aside as Zeus entered the hall with Poseidon and Hera walking behind him. Zeus, with a tight Men in Black style suit and sunglasses on top of his head, approached the Khalian, who watched him with disgusted glares.

"I thought I was going to enjoy a nice day at the beach in Cuba. Instead, I get a call that we could three of Atlan's bastards. This just pisses me off." He said, removing his sunglasses and hooking them into his breast pocket. Kali snarled through her gag and Zeus raised an eyebrow at him, then at Dionysus, who shrugged.

"She wouldn't stop cursing at me and it was starting to hurt my feelings." He replied. Zeus took that in stride as he approached Kali, snatching her jaw and forcing her to look at him. Her white eyes promised death, but Zeus only smiled and reached up with his other hand to trace her jawline with his fingertips, making Hera clear her throat in annoyance. Zeus chuckled, tightening his grip on Kali's jaw before shoving her back so hard, she slammed into the fresco behind her and slid down, breathing hard.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch," Zeus told Hera without looking at his wife's menacing glare, "I'd sooner fuck a turtle than an Atlantean whore." This time, Poseidon laughed.

"Someone you won't fuck? Now that's just sad," He said, raking Kali with a sneer, "So awful not even Zeus would screw you. That's pretty pathetic." Zeus shot Poseidon a glare that Poseidon took with stride as he approached Teslius, who scrambled to get away from them, but Poseidon caught him by the throat and hauled him close.