We're Here To Party

Triple-checking to make sure my dress, hair, and makeup were perfect, I strolled out of my empty house and made my way down our gravel driveway to Landon’s awaiting H3. Goodness, he looked sexy driving it! Climbing inside, the mixed smell of his cologne and the freshly cleaned interior wafted into my nostrils. 

“Oh, baby, you look exceptionally hot…” Landon breathed, kissing my neck. “Mmmm…” he said smiling.

“Thanks, you look pretty good yourself,” I remarked, admiring his casual but sexy look: faded dark jeans and a fitted white t-shirt that hugged his arm muscles delicately. Reaching for my hand, we rode mostly in silence to his house. When I had first came to his house, I felt a little out of my element. Comparing our houses was like comparing a mansion to a rickety old shack, mine being the latter of the two. My mom was a single parent since my dad’s departure when I was in sixth grade. We woke up one morning and he was gone, just like that. We hadn’t heard from him since. 

My mom did the best with what she had, and moved us to a smaller house on the ‘rougher’ side of town. I’m not so sure what was supposed to be so ‘rough’ about it, other than the obvious lack of lawn care, but at least it was a place to live, and a roof over our heads. None of the girls in our group had ever been to my house, I’d made sure of it. When we would have sleepovers, it was at one of their homes, which were much more comparable to Landon’s than mine. 

We crept through the gates leading up to his house, the rubber on the tires treading softly on the black pavement underneath. I breathed in as he pulled his H3 into the three car garage. A spot for him, and then one for each of his parents. 

“Here we are,” Landon said with a wink as he turned off the ignition, “Home sweet home.” Exiting the vehicle, I met him on the driver’s side, and we walked hand in hand through the door leading from the garage and into the laundry room. Setting my purse down on the counter, I squealed with delight as Landon surprised me from behind. Spinning around, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he simultaneously lifted me from the floor. Letting my shoes slip off of my feet, I wrapped my legs around his waist. 

“Where to, my lady?” he asked, a devilish grin spreading across his face.

“Wherever you wish, my good sir,” I giggled, playing along. 

“Mmm.. Well, in that case…” he trailed off, glancing from me to the stairs and back again. His grip on me tightened, pulling me even closer against him. 

“I am so incredibly in love with you,” I whispered, realizing that we were now making our way up the stairs.

“And I with you,” he breathed, showing zero signs of fatigue as he carried both of us up the massive flight of stairs. Burying my face in his neck, I thought of what was going to happen next. Did I really want to? Kind of. Did I have much choice? Probably some. Well, I did, but I knew that Landon wanted to take our relationship to the next level. Was I ready for that? I didn’t know that answer just yet.

Landon hoisted my wait more to his left arm as he used his right hand to turn the knob on his bedroom door. 

“Here we are, Casa de Landon!” he exclaimed, making his way across the room in three long strides. With a quick, cunning grin, he gave me a gentle toss onto the bed. I landed on my back and watched with delight and wonderment as he crawled above me from the foot of the bed.

I had been to his house countless times before, but this was the first time in his bedroom. We had had major make out sessions stemming everywhere from the pool out back to the guest bathroom. His parents were always away on business of some fashion or another. He never had come out and said exactly what they did for a living.