Chapter 47: Attempted murder

Ashley's POV

I stared at Waylen with a warning look. He wouldn't dare, would he? Especially after everything he has done, he should want to be far away from here. He was the one who knocked him out after all.

I waited for it. The moment Tristan would just get up and recognise Waylen. That we would get up and punch him in the face. But it never happened.

Waylen smirked, giving me an equally challenging look. His smirk broadened into a smile as he pulled a chair to sit at our table.

He had done it!

I removed the jacket I was wearing. It was getting far too hot for me to handle, even in this cold.

"It's so nicefor us to do this. We haven't seen each other in a while," Waylen said.

"I thought I'd never see you again," I said with clenched teeth.

I had to remind myself to stay calm. He clearly wanted a reaction from me. Why else would he be here?

"It's a shame we lost contact. We were so close." He smiled.

If losing contact means blocking someone's number along with all their friends, then sure.

What did he really want here? I don't believe it was a coincidence.

I didn't know if it was some sort of confidence he had gathered for him to sit with us or just plain stupidity. I thought I had made it clear to him, so why didn't he take my warning?

Maybe he was just bent on getting caught.

"Now that I think about it, when did we last see each other?" Waylen asked, folding his arms. He looked at both Tristan and me, almost as if he was about to say something worse. "It must have been that day I showed up at your work." He concluded.

He had done it.

"Really?" Tristan responded curiously. He took a sip of his juice. His full attention was now diverted to me.

"It was a long time ago. You know, with hotel security it's not always easy to see someone." He paused. "But the trick is always knowing someone. You can pretty much get anywhere after that, even to the presidential suite," he added.

If he wanted to sit and expose himself, I didn't care. It would only save me from more problems.

I sat back, trying to relax as best I could under the situation. I had a theory that if I waited long enough, Waylen would end up snitching, and then I wouldn't be the one to break the news.

I'm still wondering how much it must have cost to have that baby room done, I hope it wasn't too much.

A waiter came up to our table, going on to take Waylen's order. Knowing Tristan, I can't believe Waylen was just about to get free food out of this.

"Please forgive my manners. I've been talking about Ashley and I this whole time. I'd like to know more about you. How did the two of you meet?" Waylen smiled.

"It's a pretty funny story actually." Tristan smiled.

"He is my boss." I cut Tristan off. Oh wait, he fired me. I don't work for him anymore. I didn't want to get into any details that Waylen didn't need to know otherwise.

Wait, what did Tristan remember? What would he have said? Maybe I should have just allowed him to speak.

"I'm surprised you are her boss and not some grumpy old creep as I had imagined. It's not everyone who gets the wonderful opportunity to have such a wonderful breakfast with their boss," Waylen said.