Chapter 2: Get what you want no mater who gets hurt

Tristan's POV

I paced my office as I looked at the view of the tall skyscrapers behind my desk.

Just a few more months and I would start construction of the tallest building in New York. With this project, I was going to revolutionize the hotel industry.

In this business, you have to be tough. That meant putting people in their place who think they can betray you.

"Can you call Hendrik to my office," I called my assistant.

"Sure sir," Luke answered.

There was a soft knock at my door, Luke stepped in.

He has been my assistant since I started the business, he has also been a friend on a few occasions.

"Mr Hendrik is here to see you, sir," Luke spoke.

"Send him in," I answered.

"The poor guy thinks he is getting a promotion," Luke commented.

I chuckled.

I found out that he was selling some of our confidential information including all our deals and projects to our top competitor Peterson Inc. Since then, I've been secretly using him to feed the wrong information to our competitors. They had no idea what was coming their way. This game was getting too boring, I already got what I wanted which means I had no use for Hendrik anymore.

Luke nodded then stepped out of my office.

I loved this part of my job, when people thought they could betray me and get away with it.

Henrik stepped into my office smiling as always. He was one of the project managers.

"I just what to inform you sir that the project is a go sir, we are just waiting for the press release," Henrik announced.

"I think that can wait," I answered.

I gestured for him to take a seat.

"So, how much were they paying you to betray me?" I asked.

His expression changed

"I'm sorry sir," his smile dropped.

"I know that you are the mole that has been leaking all our private information and selling it to our competitors," I spoke.

"I don't know what you are talking about sir, there has to be some kind of mistake." He spoke.

"The only mistake here is you thinking you can betray me," I spoke.

He looked down at his hands, thinking of the next thing to say.

"I'm so sorry sir, I had no choice but to do it. They were threatening my family." He pleaded.

I knew that Marc Peterson was capable of using blackmail to get what he wanted but I didn't care about his excuses.

"You could have come to me first. You know that I never forgive any betrayal or lies." I spoke. "I hope you realize that I'm going to make sure that you pay for this, I'll destroy everything you own." I threatened.

"Please sir," He pleaded.

"I'll see you in court with my lawyers. I need you to get out of my office," I dismissed him.

He was left speechless, luckily, he knew when to give up. I watched him walk out of my office.

If he thought he could get him from Marc to get him out of this, he was dead wrong. Marc was willing to betray anyone to get what he wanted.