Chapter 24: Everything good happens with a hotdog

Ashley's POV

"You are outside my house?" I repeated.

"Yes," he answered. "I brought you some food that I thought might help. I think there is someone else in your house. I see a shadow in the kitchen. Should I knock?" He asked.

"No," I cut him off.

Maybe mom came back early.

I rubbed the back of my head thinking of the next lie. I looked back at his grandmother who smiled warmly at me.

"Listen, I'm not really at home right now. I had to stop by the pharmacy, but you can go back home. You don't have to worry about me," I replied.

I started with way too many lies. Sooner or later he was bound to catch on.

He sighed. "Okay, why don't I just pick you up?" He offered.

"No, there really is no need for that. As I said, I'm perfectly fine. You can go home. Besides, I'm just about to catch a cab now." I answered.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I'll see you tomorrow at work," I said.

He sighed. After that, we both said our goodbyes.

I got out of this a lot easier than I thought.

****

*NEXT DAY*

I rubbed my forehead, hoping it would make my hangover a little bit better. I ended up having a lot more drinks with Layla than I should have. To make things more difficult, Mother Nature decided that today was my day. Not only did I have a hangover, but I was also having cramps. My back and feet hurt. If not for yesterday, today would have been the best day to stay at home.

I slammed my locker shut.

"Morning!" Ivy yelled. I nearly jumped out of my skin at her surprise.

"Could you be any louder?" I snapped, rubbing my forehead.

"Someone is having mood swings," Ivy said.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm just having a bad day," I answered.

"You know, you never told me about your date." She whispered.

"How about I tell you about it after work?" I suggested.

"Okay," Ivy smiled.

I had something I needed to do urgently. I needed to inform Madison that I had agreed to her deal. Hopefully, she hadn't changed her mind. Who knows what crazy thing she will be up to next? It was still a few minutes before I officially started work so it wouldn't be a problem.

I waved Ivy goodbye before making my way to Madison's suite.

I knocked on Madison's door.

"Come in," I heard a loud yell.

I walked into her suite.

Madison was sitting on the couch, leaning back with a glass of champagne in her hand.

She smiled upon seeing me.

"So, have you made up your mind yet?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yes, I'll do it. I'll help you keep an eye on Mr. Montenegro and tell you everything you need to know." I said. I've made far worse decisions than this one. It took everything in me not to laugh in her face or better still, slap her.

"Good," she answered with a smile.

She placed her glass on the table, taking her feet off the couch to pick up the tabloid on the coffee table. She then turned it around to show it to me.