Possessed - Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

His lips brushed against mine so lightly it felt as if a feather had swept over my skin. I shuddered. His fingertips grazed my jaw as he reach around to bury his hand in my hair. We kissed each other at the same time, both of us unable to carry on the teasing any longer.

Spencer knelt down a little so he was the same height as me, and then lifted me up with him. The kiss became urgent and almost frantic. I gripped his hair and pressed my body against his as hard as I could. No one had ever kissed me the way Spencer was. It felt so intense and so utterly consuming.

I pulled away, shocked at how strongly I had reacted.

“You okay?”

No. “Yeah,” I whispered. Nothing had ever felt that good before. I felt as if I were flying, like I was on top of the world. I was again shocked at how deeply I felt for him. How one smile from him could make my whole day, and that kiss had just made my whole year!

I didn’t even care about all the odd things happening when I was with him. A little voice in the back of my head was warning me that something was wrong here. Something bad happened, and it involved Spencer. I was potentially in danger, but I just couldn’t make myself care enough to stay away.

“Come on,” he said, threading his fingers between mine and leading me towards where I assumed would take us to the Themes. I hadn’t been in this part of London much, so I was still getting my bearings. I would be able to find my way but I would probably go a very long route.

“Wow,” I whispered. It looked beautiful at night. The moonlight bouncing off the water. It was so peaceful, even though there were quite a few people around. “This is beautiful,” I said, staring out at the water as we walked hand in hand.

“I can’t believe you haven’t been here at night before.” Well I had, but I was drunk on a night out with Dante and hadn’t taken any of it in. “Do you want to carry on or turn back?”

“Carry on. Just for a little bit longer.” There was no way I wanted the date to end yet. I didn’t want to leave Spencer and start the usual ‘Will he call?’ conversations with Dante. The thought of not being with him made me feel anxious. I hated it, and I hated that I felt like it. I didn’t ever want to be one of those women whose lives revolved around a man, and I especially didn’t want it to be over a man I barely knew. Somehow though, that was exactly what I was turning into.

Spencer smiled down at me and pulled my hand, leading me further along the Themes. “My mum always talks about this, you know. These walks were the highlight of her dates with my dad.”

This is certainly the highlight of my date with you.

“My brother always jokes about how cheesy it is, and perhaps he’s right, but I means so much to Mum. Women like that mushy romantic stuff, huh?” He smirked and squeezed my hand. Electricity bolted through my entire body.

“We do. You like that romantic stuff?”

“I could live without it. I like to do it for…” he trailed off and winced.

“For?” Women in general. Me? His ex? “Women?”

He stopped and turned to me. “Is this one of those questions where I can really get myself in trouble?”

I grinned and shook my head. “No. I’m not one of those women that can’t understand that you have a past. You can say whatever you wanted to.”