18

There is fighting all over the streets of the city. Bullets are fired and many buildings are about to collapse. We hide behind a wall, the streets are suspiciously quiet. WICKED guards stand in the middle of the street ready to attack.

"What are they waiting for?" asks Minho when the guards do nothing. A bomb goes off and groups of people run down the street towards the guards. "We have to go, we have to go!" Gally shouts as the fight begins.

We run as fast as possible to a place where we can take shelter from the bombs that explode throughout the city. With the walkie-talkie Thomas tries to contact Brenda, Lana and Frypan to tell them that we are not going to make it in time.

We hear a noise above us and all look up, there is a Berg flying. "Okay they are, we're going to clean up," says Thomas. "Just leave me behind," Newt replies as he spits out black blood. Thomas orders Minho to go get the serum already. Gally and Stefanie go along with him to protect him.

When the three have already left, I realize that I have made a cure myself. I want to take it out of my pocket, but find it's not there. "Fuck" I whisper to myself. It must have fallen out when we had to hide from the bombs.

"Stay here I'll be right back" I tell Thomas. ''Newt try to hold on for a while.'' I stand up and start sprinting back to where we came from. I dodge the bullets and before I know it I'm back at the spot where the first bombs exploded. I look down on the floor, and there the syringe with the medicine lights up. I pick it up, hold it tight in my hand and sprint back to where Thomas and Newt are.

When I return to the place where I had just left Newt and Thomas, I see that they are no longer there. Suddenly I hear Teresa's voice over the speakers. "Thomas? Can you hear me?" she asks. "I need you to listen to me. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back." "Thomas, you can save Newt. There's still time for him." There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore. It's the blood, do you understand?" she says. "She's not sick because you cured her."

Suddenly, the speakers cut out and Teresa's voice can no longer be heard across the city. I look around and try to find Newt and Thomas.

Across the street I see a small road and I run towards it without getting hit by any of the bullets that are being fired around. Once I get there, I see Newt and Thomas fighting.

Newt sits on top of Thomas with a knife in his hands and tries to stab Thomas with it. Thomas holds back his hands, but Newt is much stronger and pushes the knife a little into Thomas's chest. I run over to them and push Newt off Thomas. "Newt!?" I shout.

Newt looks at me. There are black veins all over his face, his pupils are also a black color and there is blood under his chin. He pushes me to the ground and tries to strangle me. The serum falls from my hands, onto the floor out of my reach.

"Thomas! Inject him with the serum!" I try to exclaim. I try to get Newt's hands from around my neck, but to no avail. I'm starting to need oxygen but can't breathe in. I'm starting to feel dizzy and I feel like my head is going to explode.

Just before I want to give up, I feel Newt's hands release my neck and he falls on me. Looking past his shoulder, I see Thomas holding an empty syringe. We saved Newt.

Thomas helps me lay Newt's unconscious body on the floor. Brenda comes running with the serum in her hands. I see Thomas standing right next to me and running back to the WICKED main building. "Is he..?" Brenda asks slowly. "No, he's okay" I reply with a small smile on my face.

Minho, Gally, Frypan and Lana also come running and look first at Newt and then at me. They all look at me with hope and I just return a smile. "He's okay, just unconscious." I tell them. "Can you help me carry him?''

------------

After bringing Newt safely to the Burg, we put hell in one of the beds there. I gently put the sheets over him and then leave the room he's in. "Have you found him yet?" I ask Lana. “Yes, we spotted Thomas on the roof of a building. We're flying there now'' she answers me.

When we're close enough to the building Thomas is standing on, we'll help him tap into the Burg. He has a gunshot wound to his abdomen and faints due to too much blood loss.

We couldn't save Teresa who was on the roof with him because the building came crashing down before we could help. And now we were finally rid of WICKED and we didn't have to worry anymore. On our way to Safe Heaven.

Quickly we built a camp and carved the names of those that didn't make it into a large boulder not far from the beach.

After a while, Newt and Thomas were both healed and could help around the camp like the rest. After a month in Safe Heaven Newt admitted to me that he had feelings for me and that's how our relationship started.

After a year, Lana and Thomas formed a couple and were completely in love with each other. After five years me and Newt had our first child, a girl and was named after Rachel.

Lana and Thomas also had a child together, a boy named Chuck. Aris and Sonja started a relationship together and Frypan met someone new, on whom he has a crush.

Every Friday night we celebrated at the big boulder. And so we all made our own families.

🪻✨1023 Words✨🪻