16

"No, there must be another way," Thomas announces. “Like what, you saw the building. She's our only way in," Gally clarifies. "You really think she's going to help us?" asks Thomas.

"I don't plan for her permission," Gally replies to him. Wait am I missing something here? She's the same girl who betrayed us. Right?" Brenda asks. "The same dick?" "I like her," Gally points to Brenda.

"What's going on?" Lana asks him. "Are you afraid your girlfriend is going to get hurt?" Newt snaps "This was never about saving Minho, was it?"

"What are you talking about?" asked Thomas. "Teresa, she's the reason Minho went missing in the first place." Newt stands up and approaches Thomas. Now that we finally have a chance to get him back and what? You don't want because of her?'' says Newt when he stands right in front of Thomas. “Because deep down you still take care of her. Just admit it''

"Don't lie to me!" Newt yells at Thomas as he pushes him against the wall. ''Don't lie. To me!"

Everyone is startled by Newt's unusual anger. When he realizes what just happened, Newt slowly steps away from Thomas. He turns and looks at everyone. "I'm sorry." He whispers and walks away.

When Thomas tries to follow Newt I grab his arm to stop him. "I'll talk to him," I say, then go to where I saw Newt go.

I get to the balcony of the old building and see Newt sitting on the edge of it. I slowly walk over to him and sit next to him. "Hey, are you okay?" I ask him. He looks at me ''I assume I can't hide this anymore'' he says. He pulls up the sleeve of his coat, revealing black veins on his arm, starting from a small black point in the center of it.

"Why didn't you tell me this before? We could find a solution'' I ask him. "I thought it wouldn't make any difference. I think WICKED put me in that maze for a reason. Who knows, it was just to tell the difference between people like me and immunes like you," he says.

''Do not worry about me. This is about Minho," he says. "He needs us now."

"Newt, we're going to find a solution. I promise." I tell him. “There is a cure for every virus, but this one is just a bit harder to find. But I know it won't be long before we find one, okay?"

"Y/N, there's no cure," he says. “Like I said, save Minho first. No matter the cost"

I take his hand in mine and look into his eyes. "Everything's going to be okay, Newt," I tell him. I look behind me and see Thomas standing there. "I think there's someone you need to talk to," I say. Newt spots Thomas. "I'm going to leave you alone" I get up and leave the two friends alone so they can talk.

I go back to the rest of the group. When I see the expressions on their faces I know immediately that they all already know what's wrong with him.

🪻------------✨🪻

Thomas and Gally had kidnapped Teresa and brought her to our hideout. Newt removes the linen bag from her head. She looks at everyone. "Gally?" she asks surprised when she sees him. "This is how it will go," he begins. "We're going to ask you questions and you're going to tell us what we need to know"

'We'll start simple, where's minho?'' Gally asks her. "You don't seriously think that…" she begins but is interrupted by Gally who loudly places a chair backwards in front of her and sits on it. “Don't look at him, why are you looking at him? He's not going to help you. Look at me.'' Gally orders as Teresa keeps looking at Thomas.

Teresa looks at him with tears in her eyes. “We know you have Minho in the building. Where?" Gally asks again. “He's in holding with the others. On sub level three," she says.

''How many others?" Newt says. "28" she tells us. "I can make that work," says Brenda. "No, you don't understand the whole level is retricted," Teresa explains.

''You can only get in with a thumbprint ID'' ''That's why you're coming with us'' says Thomas. "Well I don't know, we don't necessarily need her," Lana says. ''Not all of her,'' continues Gally when he stands up and takes a knife. "We just need her finger."

''Gally'' warns Thomas. ''Back off'' ''I guarantee she's done worse things to Minho'' Gally clarifies. "Yes, she has," I say. ''I said back off'' Thomas takes the knife from Gally and approaches Teresa.

''It won't make any difference. Doesn't matter what you do to me. You're not going to get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up'' 'We know. We are tagged'' Thomas interrupts her. ''Property of WICKED'' he crouches down in front of her. "You're going to help us with that too."

I sit with my back to Teresa in front of her so she can remove WICKED's chip from my neck. "So you found a cure?" she asks. "Maybe" I answer curtly. "Then why don't you share it with WICKED?" she asks. ''What do you think WICKED will do when they find out what it is?'' I start. They're going to keep it all to themselves and give it to whoever they want. And they will use it all up at once''

''That's not true . WICKED wants to save humanity.'' she denies. “Yes, by putting children in a maze where monsters live that kill all living things they see. A really good solution'' I reply sarcastically.

"No, you don't get it," she says. ''That's true. I don't understand why children are tortured and killed and that it is called something good'', I tell her.

I stand up and walk to the others. "I'm guessing she enjoyed it," says Gally. "You're probably right," Frypan replied

Lana hands me a cloth to wipe the blood off my neck. "I hate that bitch," Lana says out of nowhere as she stares dead at Teresa. "I think most of them in this room" I reply.

"Do you think it will work this time?" she asks. "I hope so," I tell her looking at Newt. "You're worried about him." she asks but it sounds more like an announcement. ''Yes'' I answer ''I just hope my plan will work''

"What plan?" she asks. "The plan to make a cure," I reply. "Wait, you have a cure?" she asks in disbelief. "Yeah, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it in time," I reply.

🪻✨1122 Words✨🪻