[chapter 8]

[i'll call for a warning in this chapter.]

Two Days Later

"Haven't spoken to you since you left Friday, Almost had me sending out one of those alerts on you two!" My mom sighed in relief once I answered the phone.

I glanced back to see De'asia setting up the system for Dance Central. "My fault ma, had mad meetings, and I had got caught up in something."

"Into Ella's mess? I know, a fan took a picture of you, de'asia , and ella nearby the elevator, sold the picture to theshaderoom, gossipofthecity, and on_site, and you know fee accepted a bullcrap story — but so far desirae name was not mentioned, but the media works fast, if i were you i'd advise you to tell her to not engage into it, and don't let the comments get to her." The conversation between my mom and I continued for another ten minutes, when I got off, De was pacing back and forth in the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked, gently touching her elbow causing her to stop and look at me.

"My brother — My brother DJ just reached out to me and my other brother Dylan, he wants to meet up when I get back in St. Louis." She shakily said.

Although I don't know enough information, my gut told me that she shouldn't.

"Do you want to see him?"

"No.." I watch her shake her head.

"but i'm getting that you're not sure, however understand this, what happened in the past, maybe get brought up if you decide to go." I tell her.

Sucking in her bottom lip, she nods her head. "Can I tell you what happened?"

"If you're ready to." I took a seat on the couch patting the empty spot. She takes over it, and faced me.

De' blew out a huge sigh getting into touch of her story, she made eye connection with jayson, and started at the beginning

"It started when I was six, at that age you're not worrying like a grown folk, for most people, you would think it was all rainbows, coloring books, making friends, and just being a kid — but for me? i was put to work, if i didn't do something right, the mad man comes in your room, it happened up until i was 11, in middle school with health classes, finally figuring out what he was doing was wrong but he kept promising that it was just right." Her eyes shifted from Jayson's to gazing elsewhere to blink away the tears.

"Told him he was wrong for doing that to me and that I would tell, I ended up running my mouth to the counselor — she got fired and given hush money." now fiddling with her fingers, but continuing, "At 17, I don't know much about this but — I came across these papers, and found out Derek and Donna weren't my birth parents, but my actual parents were sending them money ever since I was adopted by them. All that money they've received went down the drain — It was suppose to go to my college, but . . anyways, we were holding this neighborhood party, and the counselor that got fired happened to move in our neighborhood, and attended — she asked me a question that Derek overheard, and got upset about. He caused a scene, and from there I blast the truth out, and after that, it was the talk of the town, but nothing was as ever done, not an arrest was made, nothing — It was just like everyone was so scared of him."

Jayson couldn't help but dab his thumb across her cheek.

"It went right back to normal, and I had enough so I packed what I could, and left." Des' shrugged, then used her shirt to dry her tears. "So that's really what I can tell you."

Opening his arms he motioned for her to come, de'asia immediately leaned forward and sulked into his body.

While Brandy sat behind her desk in her office at home, she went over some papers awaiting for Deuce's arrival

Instead of Toriah taking him to school in the morning, Brandy agreed she could.

"We're here!" Toriah announced, Brandy looked up to see her grandson running in with his arms wide open.

"my baby!" brandy said with a huge smile across her face as she attacked her grandson into a hug and sharing some kisses.

Toriah walked over and shared a hug, then placed Deuce bookbag down, "thank you so much again!"

"Anytime."

"asia' killed Jayson yet?" Toriah asked after Deuce ran off to his room.

"No actually when I was on the phone with him he told me they were about to play something called Dance Central?" Brandy chuckled, scooting up to her desk.

Mouth gaped apart, Toriah leaned forward. "Hold up, she's got him dancing?! I couldn't even do that!"

"I said the same thing! I have a fine feeling that he'll fall in love with her."

"He had me when she called him Mr. Tatum then lost me when he pulled that prank." Toriah recalls.

yeah, yeah — what's good?

1. Was it too soon that De'asia ' opened up?

if you see desirae instead of de'asia i am still in the process of changing the name.