EPILOGUE

1 YEAR LATER -

AB/RU - Papa not fair, you had promised us.

RU - papa, it's just a one-month summer camp. Please let us go na.

ABHI - Arrey, but you both are still little babies how will you manage, and won't you miss me and Mamma? Most importantly, I will miss my mischievous kids na and your Mamma, she will also miss you both so much na.

AB - Papa, you have been badly influenced by Mamma's nautanki's, we won't fall for your emotional drama and most importantly Mamma has given us permission already.

ABHI - What, really? Akshu.....Akshu.....

Akshara walks out of the kitchen with a rolling pin (belan) in hand. Her hair was tugged in a bun and a few strands of hair fell on her face accentuating her beauty. Abhimanyu was mesmerized for the nth time and wanted nothing but to kiss her senseless, but decided to focus on the crisis at hand first.

AK - Abhiii, what happened, is there an earthquake, why are you shouting like that?

ABHI - Akshu, are you really ok with them going to the summer camp? 

AK - Yes, It's such a good opportunity for them to experience new things and enjoy life. There will be so many fun activities, and we too will be invited when they hold family activities.

ABHI - I know Akshu, it's good for their development but isn't it too risky to leave them for a month? How will they manage without us and how will my day go by without seeing them? 

Listening to Abhimanyu whine with a pouty face, she couldn't control herself and burst out in laughter. She asks the kids to complete their homework and she will call them when dinner gets ready. After making sure the kids were gone she sits on Abhimanyu's lap cuddling him close.

AK - Budhuram, our kids are not going to stay in the camp, it's not an overnight stay camp, the kids will be back home by 6 in the evening. Do you really think that I would have allowed for overnight camping? This past year, was hard on them, especially Ruhi, I want her to enjoy but I will not compromise their safety.

ABHI - I know Jaan, and don't worry one day she will finally move on, embrace happiness and fully accept us as her family. We just have to be patient with her.

Abhimanyu starts peppering her face with feather-like kisses, making Akshara's heart flutter. She pecks his lips and was about to run but Abhimanyu pulls her back deepening the kiss, she lightly moans but soon their moment was broken by a bark. She runs back to the kitchen, giggling lightly while Abhimanyu angrily looks at the golden fur of a cock blocker who was huffing innocently, sighing, he busies himself with his pending work.

It's been a year since he left Birla's and Udaipur for good. They have settled in Dehradun and he works at the topmost hospital there. Akshara continued to work as a lawyer but was also pursuing her passion as a singer. She had gone viral when her clip from a local singing competition was randomly uploaded on the internet, and since then she has been getting offers from famous banners.

AK - Come on kids dinner's ready, come fast. Abhi, come and have your dinner first.

Everyone settles on the dining table and were enjoying their playful banters.

RU - Ma...masi, this gulab jamun is so yummy, can I get more.

AK - Of course princess, I especially made them for you, it's your favorite na.

Akshara is hurt listening to her still being addressed as Masi, as Ruhi had called and accepted Abhimanyu as her father almost instantly, she was still reluctant to call her mother. She had been gravely affected by what Arohi had done and was a little scared to accept this change in her life. Akshara never forced her to do anything, she patiently helped her bit by bit to recover from her trauma.