OS - 1.4

During their whole journey, Akshara called Abhimanyu multiple times, but to no avail. His phone was still unreachable. After reaching Udaipur, she directly drove to Birla Hospital.

Abhir was fast asleep, tired after their long journey. She took Abhir in her arms and entered the hospital as she could not leave a sleeping him alone in the car. She first went to Abhimanyu's cabin, but it was empty. She looked around the hospital but doesn't find him. Thinking that he might be in OT, she was going to wait in his cabin but suddenly sees Dr. Rohan and runs to him.

Dr. Rohan had just exited the OT and was still in his scrubs. When he sees Akshara sprinting toward him, he was a little taken aback.

AK - Rohan Hi, can you please tell me where is Abhimanyu, I really need to talk to him, it's very urgent.

R - Ma'am, Sir is on holiday. He went to a resort with Arohi Ma'am and Ruhi.

Akshara was stunned. Her heart pained hearing this, as it meant that he was finally moving forward in life, but who can she blame, she herself forced him to move forward. Regret is all she could feel now. Though she was not gonna have any hopes of them getting back together, but she will fight tooth and nail for her child and for the truth which had been completely whitewashed and hidden in the deep depths.

AK - Can you please call him now, tell him that it's urgent or give me the address, I will find him myself, or is there any way to get in touch with him?

R - Sorry ma'am, the resort has a no-phone policy and only Manjari Ma'am knows where she sent them. It was all her Idea. I don't know if I should tell you this, but as you know Abhimanyu sir, he can't leave his patients all alone so he took a keypad phone with him. Right now I don't remember the number but don't worry I will forward it to you.

AK - Thank you so much Rohan, but please can you forward it now? I need to talk to him.

R - Sure ma'am, don't worry.

Dr. Rohan leaves to change his scrubs and Akshara goes back to her car. Abhir stirs his eyes open.

AB - mamma, Did we already reach Udaipur? Is this where Papa works? Where is he, can we go meet him now?

AK - Yes baby this is where Papa works but beta he is not here right now, but don't worry we will meet him soon.

They both settle in the car when Akshara's phone rings flashing Abhinav's name for the nth time. Getting annoyed she cuts the call and was about to switch off her phone when her phone rings again but this time Kairav's name flashes. 

She was a little confused but picks up the phone nevertheless as she anyway was about to go to the Goenka mansion. It would be better to inform them of her arrival.

AK - Hello, bha.....

K - Where the hell are you Akshara? How could you run away with the child, in the middle of the night? Do you have any idea how worried we all were? Abhinav was so scared, he was hyperventilating when he did not find you at the Goenka mansion as well. 

Akshara panics upon hearing Abhinav's name. Was he already in the city? No....No, I can't let him manipulate people anymore. I need to fix things now.

AK - Bhaiya, is Abhinav already at our house?

K - Yes and he already told us about Abhir's condition. What were you thinking, taking that child in this state and running off?

AK - Bhaiya, I did not run away. I was just panicked thinking about his condition and the fact that Abhimanyu was not picking up the calls. I left home to come and meet him, and convince him to do Abhir's surgery. I am reaching the city and will directly come to Goenka mansion. Then we will talk further.

K - Ok, Drive safe. We will be waiting.

She cuts the call and drives away. Even though Abhir had listened to their conversation, he believed his mother must have her reasons and she will eventually tell him someday, like she had promised. So he busied himself with reading his favorite comic book to pass the time, which by the way was at its peak, and soon Abhir was engrossed in his world.

Akshara stopped her car and crossed a big gate after she informed Abhir to wait in the car itself, as she will be back in about half an hour. Abhir just nodded while reading the book.

Akshara steps inside and looks at the khaki uniform-cladded men, some on desks working on papers, some listening to complaints, and some slapping some sense into thugs. She goes to the topmost in charge of that police station.

AK - Hello sir, I would like to reopen a case.

PO - Ma'am, we can't reopen a case just like that. The system doesn't work like that.

AK - Sir I know this very well, I myself am going to be a part of this system soon. Firstly I am the main witness in this case. The case was closed as the culprits couldn't be tracked. But I have solid proof now, enough for you to submit it to court and reopen the case, and put the criminals behind the bars.

She submits all the proofs to the police officer after he varifies everything, he assured her that justice will be served. Akshara also had copies of everything, as she was not going to repeat her mistakes.

AK - Sir, can you please keep everything under cover until you arrest them as I am afraid, they will harm my family again. 

The police officer assures her and she leaves and drives off to Goenka Mansion. Just as she parks her ride, a message pings on her phone.

-~*~-

RU - Poppy, why are you not paying any sataintion to me?

ABHI - Ru, it attention and I am here only. 

Abhimanyu had been distracted the whole time they have been to the resort. Only he knows how he was spending his days in this claustrophobic environment. Even Ruhi was not able to divert his mind.

All he could think about was that little kid, Abhir. It's been days since he last talked to him and not knowing any update on his health was starting to bother him. 

He excused himself and went toward a secluded area, for some peace and quiet. Suddenly he felt a vibration from his pant pocket and quickly took out his phone only to see an unknown number. Only Dr. Rohan had this number, if this wasn't him, then who was calling him?

Being all confused, he still picked up his phone and felt his breath hitched. 

ABHI - Hello....

There wasn't any reply from the other side, just low breathing and little sniffling sounds could be heard. He felt a surge of emotions and his heartbeat increased. 

ABHI - Ak........Akshu.

This was all it took as she started crying profusely.

AK - Abhi....

------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers 💙,

Finally, Akshara got hold of his number. Some truths are going to be revealed and lives will be changed forever. Stay tuned.

Please vote, share, and don't forget to comment down your thoughts, good or bad, every thought will be appreciated and respected.