I Will Find You

Sofia arrived at the airport, her heart still racing with anxiety. She checked in for her flight to Texas and made her way to the gate. Boarding had already begun, and she took her seat, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. She was leaving behind the drama and heartache of her relationship with Xavier and heading towards her family, who would surely offer her comfort and support.

As the plane took off, Sofia closed her eyes, taking deep breaths to calm her nerves. She couldn't help but think about the events that had led her to leave her home and her life behind.

She thought about her parents and siblings, who had always been there for her. She had grown up in a tight-knit Latino community, surrounded by family and friends. She missed the warmth and familiarity of that world, and she knew that being with her family would help her heal.

~

Xavier was getting worried. It had been several hours since he left Sofia. She wasn't at work today, and she wasn't answering any of his texts. He quickly got out of the car and made his way up to her apartment.

He unlocked the door with the spare key that she had given him and stepped inside, his eyes scanning the empty room. All of Sofia's belongings were gone, leaving only the bare essentials behind. Xavier's heart sank as he realized that she had left without telling him.

He made his way to the bedroom and saw that even the bed had been stripped of its sheets and blankets. The only thing left on the nightstand was a set of car keys with a note attached.

Xavier picked up the note and read it, his anger growing with every word. It was a short message, but it conveyed everything he needed to know.

"Xavier, I'm sorry I left without telling you.. I have some things to take care of for a while. I also left the car keys, and it didn't feel right keeping the car. I love you and I will talk to you soon. I hope all goes well with you and Jenna. "

Xavier crumpled the note in his hand and threw it across the room in a fit of rage. He couldn't believe that Sofia had left him.

He stormed out of the apartment and made his way back to the limousine, his mind racing with anger and confusion. He had thought that Sofia was different, that she was the one person who understood him and accepted him for who he was.

"Take me to my sister's house." He told his driver

~

Xavier stormed into Zoe's house, his eyes blazing with anger. "Where is she?" he demanded, not bothering to say hello or even acknowledge Zoe's presence.

Zoe sighed and shook her head. She knew exactly who he was asking for, and she also knew that Sofia needed space right now. Sofia had called Zoe, letting her know she was leaving for a while but refused to tell her where or why specifically.

"Xavier, please calm down," she said, trying to reason with him. "Sofia doesn't want to see anyone right now."

Xavier's face twisted with rage. "What the hell are you talking about?" he spat. "I need to talk to her, now!"

Zoe took a step back, feeling a little intimidated by her brother's intense anger. "Xavier, please, just give her some space," she pleaded. "She's going through a really tough time right now, and she needs to be alone."

Xavier shook his head, his eyes still blazing with fury. "I don't care," he growled. "I need to see her. Where is she?"

Zoe sighed again, knowing that she wasn't going to be able to reason with him. "I don't know," she said, her voice tinged with frustration. "She didn't tell me where she was going, and I haven't heard from her since she left."

Xavier's face fell, and for a moment, Zoe thought she saw a glimmer of sadness in his eyes. But it was quickly replaced by anger once again. "You're lying," he said, his voice low and dangerous. "You know where she is, and you're not telling me."

Zoe shook her head vehemently. "I swear, I don't know," she said, her voice rising a little in panic. "She just left, and that was it. Please, Xavier, just leave her alone for a little while. She needs time to process everything that's happened."

Xavier seemed to waver for a moment, but then he shook his head again. "No," he said firmly. "I need to see her. And if you're not going to tell me where she is, I'll just have to find her myself."

Zoe felt a cold shiver run down her spine. She didn't like the sound of that. "Xavier, please," she said, reaching out to touch his arm. "Just give her some time. She'll come back when she's ready."

But Xavier shrugged her off and stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him. Zoe was left standing there, feeling helpless and worried for both Xavier and Sofia. She hoped that everything would work out for the best, but she couldn't shake the feeling that things were going to get a lot worse before they got better.

~

As the plane touched down in Texas, Sofia felt a sense of anticipation and nervousness. She hadn't seen her family in months, and she wondered how they would react to her sudden arrival. She grabbed her suitcase and made her way to the baggage claim, scanning the crowd for familiar faces.

Just as she was about to give up hope, she spotted her parents and siblings standing in the crowd, waving excitedly. Sofia felt tears well up in her eyes as she rushed towards them, dropping her suitcase in the process.

"Mija! What are you doing here?" her mother exclaimed, wrapping her arms around Sofia.

"I had to leave, Mama," Sofia said, her voice breaking. "Things with Xavier... they just got too complicated."

Her family surrounded her, offering words of comfort and support. Sofia felt a sense of relief wash over her, knowing that she had made the right decision. She was home now, surrounded by love and family, and she knew that she would be okay.