Charity Ball

Sofia arrived at the charity ball wearing the stunning dress Xavier had sent her. She felt confident and beautiful as she made her way through the crowded ballroom, attracting admiring glances from many of the attendees.

As she approached the stage where the official photos were being taken, Sofia noticed Xavier and his wife, Jenna, standing together, posing for the camera. He looked up from the camera, and his gaze fell on Sofia, causing him to pause mid-shot.

Jenna noticed her husband's reaction and followed his gaze, her eyes widening in surprise and perhaps a hint of jealousy as she took in Sofia's striking appearance.

"Sofia, you look stunning," Xavier said calmly.

She blushed and smiled, feeling a sense of satisfaction that she had captured his attention. "Thank you, sir."

Jenna looked at Sofia with a small smile, trying to hide her jealousy. "That's a beautiful dress, Sofia. You look lovely," she said, her tone polite but not overly friendly.

Sofia could sense the tension between Xavier and his wife, and she suddenly felt uncomfortable. She didn't want to cause any problems in their marriage, especially since she valued her job and her relationship with Xavier as her boss.

"Thank you, Mrs James. You look beautiful as well," She said, trying to diffuse the tension.

Xavier quickly took the opportunity to change the subject, directing Sofia to stand next to him for a few photos. As they posed together.

As the official photos were taken, Jenna pulled her husband to the dance floor.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Dancing with my husband." She answered.

Xavier and Jenna swayed to the music at the charity ball, surrounded by other elegantly dressed couples. The ballroom was filled with sparkling chandeliers and the soft glow of candlelight, creating a romantic atmosphere.

Sofia stood alone watching Xavier and Jenna dancing. They looked so happy. Who was she to break up a happy home?

Just then, she felt a hand on her shoulder, which startled her.

"You must be Sofia." The woman said.

"Oh, um, yes. Who are you?" Sofia asked.

"I'm Zoe James. Xavier's sister. I've heard so much about you, Sofia." She said.

"Oh. I didn't know he had a sister." Sofia said.

Zoe took two glasses of champagne and handed one to her, then turned her gaze to her brother and his wife.

"He's miserable, you know." Zoe said.

"What?"

"Xavier. I know he is. He has been for a long time and I blame our parents." Zoe said to her.

"I don't understand." Sofia said, confused.

"Let's just say our family's had a lot riding on their marriage."

"Oh."

Zoe sensed Sofia's discomfort. "You look stunning. Are you here alone?"

"Thanks you. So do you, and yes, I am here alone, but I don't mind." Sofia answered.

"I like you Sofia you're..... sweet."

"Thank you. What about you? Are you here alone?" Sofia asked her.

"Nope. My wife is right over there." Zoe said, pointing to a beautiful Indian woman. "I should get over there. It was nice meeting you, Sofia."

"It was nice meeting you too."She smiled.

Zoe then handed her a card. "This is my card. We should have a girls, day sometime."

"Thank you. I'd love that."

Zoe gave her once last smile and walked away.

As the song ended, Jenna excused herself to talk to her friends, leaving Xavier standing alone on the dance floor. He didn't mind. He knew this was simply for the cameras.

That's when he noticed Sofia standing nearby. She was wearing the stunning dress that hugged her curves perfectly, and her long hair cascaded down her back in soft waves.

Without a second thought, Xavier approached her and took her hand, pulling her towards him. He didn't ask for permission, but Sofia didn't object. Instead, she smiled and placed her other hand on his shoulder.

"How's your head?" She asked.

"Better. Thank you for asking." He said to her, looking into her eyes alone.

They started to dance, their bodies moving in perfect sync with the music. Xavier couldn't help but notice how well they fit together. Her body was warm against his, and he felt a spark of attraction that he had never felt before. He moved his fingers to the exposed skin on her back and brushed it softly, causing her to gasp softly.

As they twirled around the dance floor, Xavier found himself lost in the moment. He forgot about everything else, including his wife, and focused on her.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" She asked him.

"I don't care." He answered.

Jenna felt a pang of jealousy in her chest.

However, as the song came to an end, Xavier didn't let go. He kept his arm wrapped around her waist until Sofia pulled away and cleared her throat.

She excused herself to go get a drink. Jenna saw her opportunity and quickly made her way over to her.

"Hello, Sofia," Jenna said, trying to keep her voice steady.

"Oh, hello, Mrs James," Sofia replied, smiling.

"I just wanted to talk to you for a minute," Jenna said, her eyes fixed on Sofia.

"Sure. What about?" She asked, looking a little confused.

"I just wanted to warn you to stay away from my husband," Jenna said bluntly.

Sofia's smile faded as she looked at Jenna in surprise. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean that I know you've been spending a lot of time with him at work, and I don't want anything to happen between you two," Jenna said, her voice rising.

Sofia shook her head. "N-no, it's not like that. I'm sorry, I just um -"

Jenna looked at Sofia skeptically. "I don't believe you," she said. "Stay away from my husband, Sofia. I need him focused on me since we're trying for a baby now."

"A baby?" Sofia repeated.

Jenna smirked. "Yes. A baby. So don't let the fights fool you because at the end of the day, he comes back to me and sleeps in my bed with me."

"I didn't mean to -"

"I think you should leave before I have you fired."

Sofia placed the glass down and made her way to the exit. Xavier noticed her leaving and followed her outside and noticed her wiping a tear.

"Sofia?"

She looked at him but turned her head, ignoring him, and opened the door to the car she rented for the night. Xavier grabbed her arm and pulled her body to his.

"Let me go." She said angrily.

"Not a chance. What's wrong with you?" He asked.

Sofia pulled away. "Listen. This can't happen. From now on, this relationship is purely professional."

"Says who?"

"Says me. If you care about me, Xavier, just do this for me." She said urgently.

"I won't do it."

"Well, it's either that or I quit." She said, opening the back door of the car and getting in. Xavier stood there feeling the anger in him rising. He wasn't going to let her go that easy. This isn't the end.