[33] "We need to talk."

I don't know how it happened, but Girlfriend has 1 million reads! You guys are amazing, and I appreciate you. Sorry for not being able to update. Life has been complicated and crazy. Instead of writing, I've been spending every free moment I have with my family.

In part [32] Quentin (Nevaeh's ex-boyfriend) was arrested after officers found drugs in his locker. Before this happened, Quentin hinted that something was going on between Tanaquil and Sammie. Tana was one of Sammie's girls before he got with Nevaeh. She's been trying to reach Sammie, but he's been ignoring her. Also in part [32], we witnessed a little confrontation between Destiny (Desiree's biological mom) and Teddy. He's in the middle of their family drama but doesn't want to be involved. He just wants to continue being with Desiree without any issues.

:

[33] "We need to talk."

"I can't believe they consider this shit news," Sammie said.

Nevaeh stood beside him in the courtyard and watched the reporters and crew setting up cameras on the school grounds. "I'm amazed too. Teddy, have you heard anything new?"

"Not really." He was still lost like everyone else. "Only that Principal Carter is considering releasing school early." They only had a few hours left in the day. Due to the situation, all events associated with the school was canceled. They wouldn't have a game tonight as planned.

London's eyes were scanning the surroundings. "I've never seen so many cameras, you would think someone got shot."

"Or stabbed," Christopher added.

"Fuck watching, I plan on getting my five minutes of fame."

The rest of the group gave Jayda a disbelieving look it didn't faze her.

Sammie chuckled as she took off running towards the reporters. "Give me a shout out!" he playfully shouted at her.

"I can't believe this started with Quinten," Nevaeh said. She never got the chance to speak with Sammie. The issue with Tanaquil was bugging her, but it would have to wait. There was no way to get a moment alone. They rode to school together so she figured they would talk on the way home.

After the detection dog located drugs in Quentin's locker, the K-9 alerted the officers to more lockers containing drugs. At this point, a total of seven students were headed to jail, and the officers weren't done. The Austin PD had to call in backup to deal with the situation. She wasn't naïve and was aware that her classmates used drugs, but she didn't think it was to this extreme.

The situation was horrible.

Principal Carter was running around the school like a mad man trying to get everything resolved. Most of the students were out with cell phones recording the drama.

"I'm going to grab Desiree and head home," Teddy announced. He said his goodbyes to everyone but lingered next to Sammie. Nevaeh watched and saw that they were whispering and hushed tones. What are they talking about? She wanted to ask straight up but held her tongue.

"Maybe we should all leave," she suggested. There was no point in standing around and watching. "Sammie, can you take me home?"

~

Nevaeh walked up to her house while talking with her dad on the telephone. Demetrius Rice saw what was happening on the news and called his daughter right away.

"Yes Daddy, I'm okay. Nothing happened to me. You know I don't use drugs." Nevaeh sighed and held the phone as she opened the front door. "No daddy, Sammie doesn't use drugs. You're right, his mother would kick his ass."