34. World Cup

"Do you have everything?" Her mother asked from the living room.

Kaila went over the list for the hundredth time making sure not to leave anything behind, they would be going on planes almost on a daily basis because The World Cup 2026 was being held in the US, Canada and Mexico.

"Yeah, im coming down" she yelled grabbing her luggage and pulling it behind her as she walked down the stairs.

"Nervous?" Her sister asked

"Yeah, also excited because I finally get a break from college, it's not exactly relaxing to study in Prague it's beautiful and all but the teachers are strict as fu-"

"Language." Her mother warned

"Right," she muttered "as I was saying, super excited and I finally get to see my friends again!"

"You literally talk on the phone with them everyday" David says walking in

"Still, the last time we saw each other in person was 3 months ago" she whined

Sometime when it came to dependency she could go weeks or even months without communicating with her parents -not that she did- but when it came to Joao and Jude she had to be in constant contact with the pair, their bond was undeniably tight and it amazed people as to how they'd maintained a friendship for 4 years.

Speaking of 4 years theres something else she hadn't done since then, talk to Pablo Gavi, she didn't even have any knowledge of him and she preferred to keep it that way. Even thought she knew that she might bump into him during this World Cup she decided to not think about it to much, she'd cross that bridge when she came to it.

The Spanish National team was nervous for the World Cup -mainly Gavi- for the past four years all the players had made it their personal mission to get better and to bring the World Cup home to Spain. They succeeded.

[...]

"Kaila, your father said that we're going to be staying with the Spanish team in the concentration" her mother said as they boarded the plane to Canada, Spains first game would be in Vancouver.

"Deadass?"

"Yes mija, stop cussing" she said taking a seat

"My bad bro, but I can't stay with y'all," she says imitating her mothers actions and taking the window seat "I have other games I'm going to" she said adjusting to a more comfortable position

"I'm aware, that's why whenever we're in the same city for one of Spains games you're staying with us- with the team"

"Right. Okay yeah no problem, except I have to take a train to Toronto because England has a game tomorrow"

"Well I know the boys were excited to see you but they'll wait." she said as she sighted and closed her eyes "Well I'm gonna rest so.." she said indicating the end of that conversation

"Oh and tell dad good luck" she said closing her eyes as well

[...]

As soon as their plane landed Kaila took a different route than he mother and siblings, she went to a train station and took the first one.

On her arrival she was greeted with the Borussia Dortmund legend, she was algo greeted by Joao.

"I missed you guys so so much" she said running to hug both players

"My Kaila Paila teddy bear" Jude said hugging her and rocking from side to side

"My Judie Patootie" she said continuing the hug "And of course my Joao- what rhymes with that?" She asked laughing as she also hugged him