Chapter 32

Louis’ POV

She was gone and now I didn’t know what to do with myself. I was bored. We didn’t have to go into studio today because it was Sunday, but I almost wish we did. That would at least mean I had something to occupy my mind. I pull out my phone and quickly call Harry.

“Harry, I’m bored,” I whine when I hear him answer.

“Where’s Lauren?” he asks roughly and I realize he must have just woken up. Oops, guess I forgot about the time...

“She’s on her way back home. She’s got to go back to Uni,” I tell him, hearing a yawn.

“Then go back to bed.”

“But I’m too awake,” I complain. I hear a deep breath over the phone and for a moment I think he’s fallen back asleep.

“Ok, just give me a minute. I’ll be over soon,” He finally sighs, and a rustling sound tells me he’s getting out of bed. I break into a smile as I hang up.

15 minutes later, Harry’s at my house.

“Get changed, Niall wants to play football,” he orders as he walks in, barely looking up from his phone. I grin, nodding my head and head upstairs and change into a pair of shorts and my jersey. I get back downstairs and see Harry still on his phone, my guess getting the rest of the lads up and to the field. He always tended to be the one organizing any events. I follow him out to his car where he finally puts away his phone before driving to the field. We’re the first ones there, but the rest of the boys show up fairly quickly.

“So what are the teams?” Liam asks as he, Niall, and Zayn join us.

“I’m with Louis,” Harry announces, throwing an arm over my shoulders with a grin. He’d obviously woken up more on the drive.

“Aww but I was hoping to win,” I tease.

“I’m not that bad,” he complains, withdrawing his arm as everyone laughs.

“Ok so how bout Harry, Louis and I against Zayn and Niall?” Liam asks, glancing around the group. Everyone gives a nod and Niall drops his ball onto the grass.

“We’re skins,” Harry announces, pulling his shirt off over his head. I laugh, giving a small unsurprised shake of my head. We all knew each other and would know who’s on our team, there was no reason to play shirts versus skins except the fact that Harry didn’t want to wear a shirt. Liam smirks, obviously thinking the same thing, but yanks off his shirt regardless, chucking it to the side with Harry’s. I give a sigh, but finally pull my shift off also, turning to the side to toss it over with the rest. When I turn back, the lads are all looking at me with amused smirks.

“What?” I ask confused.

“You know, maybe I should just sit out to start. I don’t think I’m up to scratch,” Harry says, trying not to grin, the other boys holding in their laughter also.

“Oh come on Harry, you nailed it last time,” Niall adds with a smirk.

“Yea, I’ve got an itch right here, would you mind scratching it for me?” Zayn adds, turning to Liam and pointing towards his back, the entire group bursting out into laughter.

“What’s going on?” I ask in bewilderment, staring down at the boys collapsed on the floor in laughter.

“Lou your back,” Harry finally manages to gasp as he holds his sides in laughter. I shoot him a confused frown as I crane my head, trying to see what he’s talking about. Instead, I just manage to turn around in circles, unable to see my own back.