Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

Classes started up again and I fell back into the swing of things. I’d wake up and grab a piece of fruit before heading off to my early business management class. After, I’d take an hour nap in the student lounge before my Computer Architecture class followed by User Interface Design. After that, I was done for the day except on Tuesday and Thursdays when I also had an Interactive Graphics class. On Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, I’d spend the rest of the afternoon in one of the soundproof music rooms in the Performing Arts building. It was a way to relax and sort out my thoughts. It also was when I recorded new videos. I generally did a new song every 10 days or so. It gave me time to learn a couple new songs and then, on the day I’d record, I’d just pick the one that matched my mood the best. I never introduced the songs in the video since that would mean people would hear my voice, but once in a while, if the mood struck, I’d leave a comment in the description. I rarely read the comments people left, not wanting to read any negative comments I might come across. Instead, I’d established an email where people could email me song requests. I would sometimes filter through them to see if any of them were songs I hadn’t heard of that could match my mood at the time. Then, at 5:30, I’d meet up with my friends for dinner before we all went back to someone’s room or the library to study and do homework. Everyday was the same; it was boring, but comfortable. Just how I liked it. On the weekends, I’d go out occasionally, but I had to be careful to avoid pictures as often as I could. I didn’t need to take the chance that someone would recognize me from a friend’s photo.

“Tonight’s the night!” Stephanie Ann sings as she waits for me to finish getting ready, her feet swinging over the edge of the bed. I smirk as I pull the sweatshirt over my head and comb out my hair to cover my face as subtly as I could. In the end, I didn’t upgrade the tickets or anything. I didn’t want to explain to Stephanie how I’d gotten my hands on a pair of sold out tickets. Instead, I’d gotten some merchandise and ‘heard’ when and where he left the arena from. It was a reasonable thing as there were tons of twitter accounts that track his every move.

We drive the half hour to the arena Hunter was playing at. We arrive about 15 minutes before the opening act and make our way to our seats. We end up sitting in the second row of the balcony on the left side. Stephanie had either picked really good seats, or had gotten lucky as we could clearly see some of the backstage from our seats. If Hunter weren’t my brother, I’d probably be creeping on Hunter just as hard as my friend was, trying to catch a peek of him doing a quick change.  The concert is a lot of fun. I’d been to very few of his shows so having the opportunity to watch him perform was great. Stephanie dances around in place, belting the words as Hunter sings. I dance along also, but I keep my mouth shut. I absolutely refused to sing in public and even at a concert where my voice would be drowned out by Hunter and the rest of the audience, I wasn’t taking any chances. I was paranoid and I knew it, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. The last song before the encore, I grab Steph’s arm to get her attention.

“Come on” I shout, over the music as I tug her out into the aisle. If she wanted to meet Hunter as he was leaving, we had to go now so we’d be at the front of the barrier. If we waited for the encore song or later, we’d be stuck at the back of the crowd. And sure enough, as we line up along the guardrail, a few other girls with similar ideas start trickling out.

“Do you think he’ll see us?” Steph asks, her eyes trained on the back exit where Hunter should be emerging.

“Sure he will” I reply. “He’ll probably make a beeline right to you before getting down on one knee and proposing or whatever it is you’re hoping he’ll do.” I add jokingly. Stephanie responds by sticking out her tongue at me causing me to laugh.

It took about half an hour until security starts filing out, making sure the crowd of girls gathered around the door were calm enough before Hunter appears. He smiles and waves as the girls around me erupt into screams. He pauses occasionally to sign a ticket or whatever the girl shoves at him as he makes his way down to the tour bus. I keep my head down, peeking out from under the hood and watching as he switches from side to side, alternating as he makes his way down the aisle. Stephanie was calling out to him, holding out her ticket and CD trying to get his attention but it looked like he hadn’t seen her.

“Hunter Hayes” I shout out impulsively as he walks past us and pauses to sign a ticket a dozen or so feet away. I duck my head again instantly as Hunter’s head jerks up, turning towards the sound of my voice. I peek out from under the hood again, making eye contact with him for a second watching an amused grin appear on his face. He saunters over to the two of us and Steph’s eyes widen.

“Oh my god” she breathes, freezing in front of her newest celebrity crush.

“We’re huge fans and were wondering if we could get an autograph,” I say, a trace of warning in my voice as I try to telepathically tell him not to give away who I was. Either he could read my expression or there was something to the whole twin telepathy thing but he seems to get the message.

“Sure babe” he says with a wink to Steph as he scrawls his messy signature across the CD and ticket. This seems to cause her to unfreeze and a huge smile breaks out onto her face.

“Can I get a hug?” she asks when he finishes. His gaze flickers to me and I give an imperceptible nod telling him it was ok. He’d been wary of hugging fans after an incident resulting in some nasty claw marks down his back. He loved his fans, but some of them were vicious. He smiles, nodding his head as his attention focuses back on Stephanie Ann. He leans over the railing, hugging her lightly before he steps back and waves a goodbye, continuing down the aisle.

“Oh my god, you’re a genius!” Stephanie squeals. She hadn’t fully believed me when I’d told her about the exit, but obviously now she was happy she’d listened.

“That’s what they tell me” I joke, looking into my friend’s bright eyes. Her joy was radiating off of her in waves and I could tell from the envious looks around them that other people could feel it. I knew I’d hear about it later form my brother, but for now it was worth it.

“I don’t even know how you knew or got his attention” she gushes. The entire car ride home had been like this. Stephanie kept talking about how strong Hunter’s arms felt or how beautiful he sang on stage. “You know, you two have the same color eyes. Like exactly the same.” She adds. I tense immediately, casting a glance over at her friend. I relax after a moment though, when I realize she was just making an observation rather than being suspicious. I was kind of surprised my friend hadn’t made some kind of assumption seeing as we had the same last name. Apparently the dyed hair and nickname was enough to avert any suspicion. Besides, I’m not quite sure how far she had gone into the Hunter obsession. She might not have gotten to the point where she’s researched our entire family yet. I just pray she doesn’t get that far. I hated lying to people, although technically I hadn’t lied yet. I just hadn’t told the truth. It’s not lying if they never ask right? I shake off these thoughts as Steph slips the album into the CD drive, turning up the volume and letting Hunter’s voice wash over them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this chapter is dedicated to @ErhmergerditsPey who is our Peyton from last chapter.

Picture over there -->

Hope you all like it so far. Let me know what you think :-)