Chapter 18

Lauren’s POV

The next week passes by pretty uneventfully. For the most part, I hung out with Louis, occasionally spending time with my dad as he wanted some quality time ‘before I jetted off to Europe’ as he put it. I’d finally accepted I’d gotten over my anger towards Louis, realizing I’d probably done that a long time ago and just was holding on to whatever anger remained, knowing it’d be easier. He really was sorry and I could tell. Still didn’t change the fact that I was going to close down that YouTube account the first chance I got though. I figured I’d have a good chance of doing that in London. There was no way I’d be watched all the time there. Speaking of which, we were leaving tomorrow afternoon, catching a flight to New York where we had a layover before flying to London. To say I was excited was an understatement. London was one of the places I’d always wanted to visit. But before that, we had the party.

“How do I look?” Louis asks, spreading his arms so I can judge his outfit.  I have to put a hand over my mouth to stop the laughter.

“You can’t wear that,” I say shaking my head. He looked like he was going to a premiere. He frowns slightly, looking down at his outfit.

“You said party. What’s wrong with this?” he asks. I raise an eye slightly, crossing my arms in amusement as I look over his blazer and skinny jeans.

“It’s not that kind of party.” I reply with a grin.

“Well what am I supposed to wear then?” he asks frustrated.

“Hang on” I reply before opening the door to my bedroom.

“Hunter” I shout out into the hall.

“What?” I hear him shout from down the hall.

“C’mere” I yell back. He appears in my doorway a few seconds later.

“What?” he repeats.

“Fix him,” I say, pointing back at Louis. Hunter’s eyes look past me and I can see him stifle a laugh, turning it into a cough as his eyes look over Louis’ clothes.

“C’mon bud,” he says, heading back to his room. Louis glances at me and I give a brief nod before he follows Hunter out. I finally let the chuckle out as I shake my head. I quickly dress into my own outfit and pull my hair up into a ponytail. When I get back downstairs, Hunter and Louis are already waiting for me. I can’t help but to grin as I see Louis standing there in his new clothes. He looked so out of place in Hunter’s clothes. You could tell it wasn’t his style at all. But at least he’d blend in better at the party.

“You’re all dressed up,” he complains when I get downstairs.

“Not really” I say with a laugh. “This is what the girls will be wearing. You’ve got on what most guy’s will have on” I reply with a grin. “Besides you and Hunter match. It’s adorable,” I tease. “Ready to go?” The boys nod their heads and we head out to the truck. Hunter tosses me the keys before leaping into the truck bed, letting Louis take the passenger seat. He smacks his hand on the side of the truck to let me know he was settled before I start driving down the gravel road. You can hear the music before you can even see the people. Just getting close brought a smile to my face. I missed these parties. The ones where everyone from high school would park out in someone’s parent’s field and have fun. We get to the edge of the party where other cars and trucks were parked and I climb out of the car, throwing Hunter back his keys.

“I’m not going to know any of these songs am I?” Louis asks with a grin as we head towards the music. I laugh, shaking my head as I hear Jason Aldean’s My Kinda Party echo out over the ground. When we get to the edge of the party, Hunter disappears into the crowd, making his way towards the front.