Chapter 4

Louis's P.O.V.

When I arrived at Jason's apartment, my tears had been subdued, but had not completely stopped. I looked towards the apartment, but couldn't bring myself to actually open the car door and walk in. "I know this is hard for you, Lou," Niall said, sadly. "But, just think about it. After this, we can go back to my house and play FIFA and eat ice cream."

I still couldn't bring myself to get out. Niall noticed this and tried a different approach. By that I mean he got out of the car, walked over to my side, and opened the door. "Look, you're halfway there, Lou. Now, all you have to do is go in there, get your things, and leave. You don't have to talk to him. If he says anything, I'll be there. If he tries to do anything, I'll be there. If he so much as looks at you funny, I'll knock him into last week. Sound like a plan?" I slowly nodded, and I finally was able to pull myself out of the seat and into a standing position. "'Atta boy, Lou! Let's go. You can do this. I'm with you the whole way. Let's go inside." I nodded and followed him to the door.

Niall was a great guy. Truly, he was. He was always there for me. It almost looked like Niall had a crush on me. I mean, besides the fact that he's as straight as a ruler. And not one of those dinky little plastic rulers that bend easily. No, Niall was one of those hardcore, metal rulers that would sooner break than bend. Or maybe it's the thick wooden ones that break before they bend. I forget. Anyways, that isn't the point. The point is that Niall is my best friend. He's probably the greatest human I've ever met.

We came to a halt in front of Jason's apartment. Niall was about to knock when I stopped him. He looked at me as if he was about to give me another pep talk, but I spoke first. "I've got a key." Niall nodded and shifted a little so I could unlock the door and turn the handle. We both stepped in at the same time, and that's when I completely lost it. That guy was still there, only he wasn't naked. No, he was much worse. he was wearing my clothes. He looked a bit shocked as I came in the door. He looked even more shocked as I punched him square in the nose.

**A/N**

I was going to stop here. But I won't. You're welcome.

**Continue reading**

I landed three solid punches, two to the face and one in the gut, before Niall pulled me off. "LOUIS, STOP!" I shook my head to clear the fog from my brain.

I calmly spoke after a moment. "You have two minutes to change into either your own clothing or Jason's. Otherwise, there'll be more where that came from." The guy looked genuinely scared, and ran to Jason's room to change.

I turned to Niall, whose jaw was hanging open. "Niall, close your mouth. You'll catch flies. What, with all the pieces of shit in this apartment." With that, I went to the stack of movies that was sitting by the TV. I ended up grabbing almost all of them, as I had bought them all. I figured I'd leave the ones he hated. I took all his favorites, and most of mine as well. I only left my all-time favorite because I know how much he hates it. He won't even watch it when it's on. I figure I can just buy it again. No big deal. Plus, it'll be easy once I sell all of his favorites. That'll make more than enough to buy another copy of Grease.

I placed the pile of movies next to Niall, who had snapped out of it by then and found a box. I then went to Jason's room to get my clothing and things. Only, I forgot that the random man was still in there. He threw my clothes at me and said "Okay, man! I'm sorry I took so long! Please, just don't hurt me! I won't call the cops or tell anyone! Just please take your clothes and leave!" I giggled at the guy's fear.

"What's your name?" I asked, collecting my clothes.

"What?" The guy asked, puzzled. I looked at him with a look that said 'you heard me,' and he flinched. "Asher." He choked out.

"Well, Asher, did you know that Jason had a boyfriend? Other than you, I mean?" He shook his head, and I sighed. "Well, neither did I. I'm sorry I punched you. I honestly am. I guess I was just angry at Jason and took it out on you. You didn't deserve that. I'm terribly sorry and I hope you can forgive me. I honestly didn't even think you'd still be here. I thought you would've left by now.

"I accept your apology. To be honest, I would've responded the same way. I actually broke a guys arm once because of a similar situation. Anger can make a person do crazy things. I forgive you. And, to be quite honest, I would've been long gone by now. But Jason has been letting me stay here while I work, and I have nowhere else to go. He said he would keep my side of the bed warm when I leave next week. I didn't realize he actually meant there would be someone else sleeping there. I'm sorry he did this to you. And I'm sorry that I was the one he did it to you with." As Asher said all of this, I got angrier. But, this time, I didn't punch Asher. I just stood there, taking it all in, allowing the anger to just grow stronger and stronger. After a while, it started to go away. I decided to respond to Asher.

"I accept your apology as well. I guess I'll finish packing and be on my way. I hope you find someone a lot better than that asshole." I threw the last of my clothes into my bag as I spoke, and turned to leave the room.

"Likewise, Louis." I turned, and smiled at him, a silent thank you, and left the room.

When I got into the living room, I noticed that Niall had packed up all of my things from the living room and kitchen, and had now moved on to the bathroom. That wouldn't be hard. I didn't have much in there. I noticed that Niall had managed to find several random boxes around the house. I placed my two bags of clothes next to them, and went to help Niall in the bathroom.

"Lou? Which is yours?" Niall asked, holding up the toothbrushes.

"The red one." I said. Niall put mine in the small box he had, and then he proceeded to brush Jason's toothbrush across every surface possible. The sink, mirror, bathtub, and lastly, the toilet. He finished by opening it up, swishing it through the water a few times, and brushing it underneath that little lip inside the toilet that nobody can ever get clean. By the end of it, I was laughing hysterically. Niall surely was the best friend in the whole world.

**A/N**

I apologize for any mistakes! I just wrote this on a whim, so it hasn't been edited! Let me know if you find any mistakes! I hope it wasn't terrible...