Chapter 12

The Tudor Estate, Florence, Italy

While everyone was getting ready for the celebration at the Medici family's Palazzo, Catherine was less than pleased. She sat in her room staring out into the city of Florence. Wondering why her life had to be like this? Who were they to be waiting around to convince a girl who wasn't even a noble, that it was a good idea to marry a prince. The whole matter was absolutely ridiculous, Catherine thought. Here she was the future Queen and was now being degraded to not only coming all the way to Italy, but now being forced to kiss the Medici family's golden asses. Honestly you can't make this shit up, she thought. Her thoughts were soon interrupted with an abrupt knock at her door. Before she could give persian for the person to enter they were already through the door, eyeing her up and down just like when she first arrived in England.

"Princess Catherine, I thought it would be good if we were to discuss how tonight's events should take place." it was the Queen, Harry's mother, and no friend of Catherine. She stood there tall and elegant as ever displaying an unwavering expression of contempt across her face. "I was just dropping by to make sure that everyone is on the same page." she paused for a moment and then continued "You see Catherine I've been made aware of certain interactions between yourself and my younger son." With those words Catherine's whole body froze. The Queen knew her most prized secret. The only question was how? Who betrayed her, saying something that should've remained unspoken. The Queen noticed Catherine's discomfort and moved closer. "I'm not blind. I have eyes and ears everywhere. Everyone is always eager to tell me the latest gossip especially if it concerns my family. So that I can decide what information gets out." Catherine began to feel a slight bit of confidence; she knew that if she was back in Spain the nobles who respected her mother for contradicting them so why not her? She was the daughter of Queen Isabella of Castille, The Queen of Spain after all she could do this. She raised her head even higher than it already was so that her face was dripping with arrogance and began to speak.

"Your Grace, what is it that you want? To ruin my marriage with your son, the future king? Spain will not take kindly to these threats and bullying." With this statement Queen Elizabeth began to laugh.

"You fool, do you honestly believe that your country cares about you right now huh? As far as they're concerned they dumped you on us and you're our problem now." Catherine became furious. She raised her voice and began to speak

"You clearly don't know who you're dealing with. I'm a daughter of Spain. And Spain would not like being embarrassed." The Queen stepped closer to Catherine. Now whispering in her ear.

"Oh you little fool, You might be a representation of Spain in England but, only you have the capability of embarrassing yourself. Only you!" With that the Queen stepped back to look at Catherine and continue her speech. "Harry is ready to do his duty for his family just like your husband did. Harry is going to marry the heiress to not only the richest but the most influential family in the world. They will marry, do their duty and produce many children. As you have yet to do for Arthur." Catherine looked down at this comment. Yes, she had been intimate with Arthur but only a handful of times and she still hadn't gotten pregnant yet. The Queen continued once more. "I expect that we won't have any more outbursts, incidents, or comments that are not welcoming to your eventual sister-in-law. When we go to this party I don't even want to witness a nasty glare from you. Let my son go! You have one isn't that enough! Let him have his own life. Let him be happy, with her.'' The Queen said pleadingly she didn't like Catherine and she despised what she was trying to do to her boys. As the Queen turned to walk away she turned around and looked back to Catherine one more time. "You should be thanking me, that I love both my son's too much to tell them what I know. Don't make me the one who has to tear them apart. Let Harry go and treat the Medici's and everyone at that Party with respect for the remainder of our stay or so help me God, let's see how quickly Spain is to defend their own Whore." Lizzie turned her head one last time leaving a dumbfounded Catherine there in the room with many things to think about.

———————————————————————

Hey, sorry for the long gap in between updates. Anyways Queen Lizzie has given Catherine a talk so she'll behave. How effective will that be? And will she change her mind and attitude upon meeting Maddalena? and seeing her and Harry together. Thank you for all who stuck around, your patience is much appreciated. We are getting closer and closer to these two officially meeting. (Get excited!)