Chapter 8

Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Florence, Italy

The sun was shining brightly and all the song birds were chirping. Everything seemed happy and beautiful in Florence, especially for the de'Medici's.  The de'Medici's were preparing for the feast day of Saint Luke, the patron saint of the arts and the de'Medici's were well known to be some of the largest patrons to the arts in the whole world so it wasn't that big of a surprise that the preparations for this feast day had been going on for at least three  months. Everyone who was anyone would be here. Even the Pope was reported to make a brief appearance. Everyone was working tirelessly to make sure that this celebration went off without a hitch, everyone had their own job.

Lorenzo, who was now head of the family as the oldest son, since the untimely death of his father Piero, was tasked with making sure the key political figures that would help his family grow their status showed up. His mother Lucretzia was in charge of basically everything. She knew that Lorenzo had a lot to deal with and on his mind and he didn't need to be taking the extra time to be worrying about every little detail of a party. So she volunteered to take on most of the extra work to help elevate some of the added stress her son was currently facing. Giuliano, Lorenzo's younger brother and Lucretzia's second child, was tasked with making sure all of the entertainment showed up and was taken care of as well as ensuring that there was plenty of good wine readily available to their incoming guests. Bianca Lucretzia's third child and oldest daughter was incharge of making sure all the servants and workers were satisfied and well taken care of so the party would go without a hitch. There was one thing that the de'Medici's were well known for and it was, of how well they treated their help. Anyone who was anyone wanted to get a job working for them because not only did the de'Medici's pay well but, they were incredibly kind people and they would give back and you'd feel blessed just being able to have the privilege of working for them. By working for them you could be able to set up your family on a good track for the rest of your lives. Finally, there was Maddalena, Maddalena was Lucretzia's youngest and last child. She might've been dubbed for having the face of an angel but, don't let that face fool you. That beautiful face is just a mask, hiding the true brilliance which lies underneath. Maddalena was in charge of not only assisting her mother but going around and making sure everything was getting done correctly and according to the correct standards. Part of this job included going about and keeping everyone in line ensuring that they were doing they're jobs. This mostly applied to her siblings, mostly her  lovable scoundrel of a brother Giuliano. Guiliano was known for speaking his mind to anyone and everyone although she did it in a slightly more reserved manner she still did it just the same. He was the sibling she was the closest with when they'd talk to one another there would be no sense of judgment on either end. With Lorenzo he'd either no listen, try the fix a problem even when it was the most minute thing, or he'd list of how we shouldn't have these feelings because we're the de'Medci's and by talking about such topics you never know who's listening or how they might use it against you, and that itself was one of the greatest signs of weakness.  Lorenzo overall gave good advice, it was just because he'd been forced to take on such a large responsibility so young he couldn't fully relate to his younger siblings on such trivial pursuits. Bianca on the other hand was just so unrealistic despite her being older than Maddalena she didn't understand the game of politics or the logistics of how the world worked. Bianca would be the one to fall in love with a stable boy and bring him in front of Lorenzo asking for her hand. So needless to say Giuliano was the safest bet.