hush, when no one is around my dear- lo'ak

You had known known the forest boy for about a month now, feeling a great deal of inclination towards the youngest Sully brother ever since he had arrived with his family seeking for shelter at your village.

"Hey." he had greeted you. So many people around and he greeted you. You feel your mouth tug up into a shy smile avoiding his gaze as the boy's older brother nudges his shoulder suggestively.

Lo'ak- was his name and you found out he wasn't really slick with his feelings. His eyes were always on you if there was a group meeting. You were one of the only Metkayina people who believed him when he talked of Payakan. He took you to see the Tulkun- trying to impress you in the process with the meagre sign language he picked up during his stay. The Tulkun was a friendly being- greeting you by blowing a jet of water our of its blowhole, soaking you completely making Lo'ak laugh out loud.

The boy finds his chest swivel up with the urge to impress you. He maneuvers the giant creature gracefully, soaring through the sky as he attempted to do little backflips while Payakan practically cheered him on from below.

However the Tulkun gets a little too excited and the next blow of water practically canon ball's Lo'ak into the air and all you hear is a surprised string of profanities before he headbutts into the water.

He staggers out of the water woozy at the impact- grinning like a maniac when he sees you double over in laughter because at least he made you smile.

You would watch him shyly as he eagerly learnt the ways of your clan. His enthusiasm and respect for your culture enthralled you. So much that you would find ways to see him when he wasn't around.

It was customary for your village to end the night with a mug of herbal tea. Families carried the trays of beverage to their tents to end the day just like it began- warm and peaceful. You offered to deliver the beverage once to the tent belonging to the Sully siblings. When you enter, you see Kiri hunched over by the fire- braiding her hair. Tuk was fast asleep with her head on Neteyam's lap who looked drowsy himself. The three of them talked and laughed softly so as to not wake up the little girl. You try your hardest to avoid Lo'ak's eyes- the boy was sat on the ground, his back against the cot. You could feel his stare on you but you attempt to ignore it, simply walking over to each of the siblings holding out the tray as they picked up a glass.

"Thanks." Lo'ak muttered and you nod awkwardly before turning to leave- but he stops you- calling out your name. So softly, you had barely heard him.

"You can stay."

You blinked turning around with extremely warm cheeks- surprised when you notice his own flushed expression. You hesitate for a moment before you smile. Wide. So wide that he chuckles, pulling you down next to him- his arm heavy around your shoulder. Your side against his. The laughter and conversation started up again and it feels like home.

It wasn't long before he had asked you out-offering to show you around on his Ikran. Of course you said yes, and that was the day you had seen the real side of him. The side that wasn't just him goofing around all the time. He was nervous during the entire outing, shyly asking for permission to hold your hand as he lead you around the woods. His grip on you was tight like you would run away and leave him stranded. So you grip back just as tight- assuring him of your companionship.

"Sorry, my hand's sweaty." he had murmured- shimmying his palm out of your hand as he attempted to air it dry. You resist the urge to smile, before encasing his hand- halfway through the action,

"I don't mind."

Neytiri adored you too, often taking pictures of the both of you when you weren't looking. You spent all day with him, sometimes even your nights in his room as he narrated a tale from the land he came from. You loved hearing about the forest- hoping to one day return to his village with him. To explore the woods, the pines. His home.