you belong with me- lo'ak

sorry for the late update i might be distracted by other fandoms and other books that i start and lose motivation to complete ahem.

-

"I think I'm gonna ask her out."

Those were the words that made your heart stop. Shatter into little pieces- you could almost see the broken bits expelling out of your chest.

You knew who he was talking about- Noyoe. She was of the Metkayina clan. She was very popular amongst the kids of the clan- though for some reason she seemed to hate your guts- ignoring you during every interaction.

You could only force a nod- swallowing greatly as he exhales nervously.

"Just gotta be myself right?" he questions almost to himself and you agree half heartedly-

"Just be yourself."

Of course that turned to out to be unfruitful. You watch the boy trudge over to the group of girls who seem to stop their chit chat upon noticing his presence. You watch as Noyoe smirks, pleased at his arrival.

However the smile slowly fades at something he says and you notice the way all the girls look at each other confused and slightly worried.

"God, you idiot." you sigh mentally facepalming because you forgot one tiny detail.

Lo'ak being himself was quiet the opposite of charming.

You hear him cackle loudly at what you assumed was a very crude and vulgar joke- his laughter fading away at the unimpressed looks on the group's face. His tail wags nervously behind his back, mouth etched in an awkward grin as he blinks expectantly at Noyoe who bites back a mocking laugh.

Deciding against humiliating himself any longer, Lo'ak walks back slightly red in the face- and you notice the girls giggling as they watch him leave. You clench your jaw embarrassed restraining yourself from clapping a hard hand on his back.

"Skxawng you are probably one of the first people who's personality is the problem and not looks." you whisper and he frowns making you roll your eyes-

"She is a girl, you cannot treat her like you treat Eyetkíe."

Lo'ak furrows his eyebrows confused- "You are a girl and you're okay with it."

You groan irritated lightly hitting his head with your fist- "That is because we are friends. And I've known you since we were babies. If you want to impress them- treat them cordially."

"So you're saying I don't treat you cordially?

You don't understand why he's being so persistent about that topic and frown-

"That's not the point. Look if you want her to like you-" you pause thinking over your next words "-just treat her the opposite of how you treat me."

Lo'ak grimaces slightly offended "What does that even mean?"

"I mean- treat her like she is the only girl in the room. Call her beautiful-"

He cuts you off crossing his arms like a child, "I call you beautiful."

"No you don't Lo'ak." you reply rolling your eyes slightly, "Either way, if you want, I can help you with them." you gesture towards the group of girls but he only looks at you- a plain expression on his face.

"I'll take that as a yes." you mutter slightly embarrassed and he seems to snap out of his daze- nodding.

You wake up the next day to the sound of Lo'ak calling out your name from outside the tent. You groan disgruntled rolling out of bed and staggering over to the entrance of your tent-