XIII - The Truth

So if you haven't heard, I am deleting Wattpad soon, but I really wanted to try and finish this book first, or at least add one more chapter, so that's why I'm barely making this. PS: everytime I was writing an action I tried so hard not to do *He said* with the asterisks because I've just been using c.ai 😭 anyways pls enjoy!

Shadow's POV

"We better hurry before Eggman notices you're missing." Sonic turned to me and the three of us began rushing our way to Sonic's house. Tails ended up getting tired on the way though, so for half of the run Sonic carried him on his back.

"Ha- ah... finally." Tails exhaustedly panted as he jumped to the ground. I don't know what he was so exhausted about, he wasn't even running.

We went inside the house and they led me to the basement, where Tails' workshop was I guess?

He rushed to a metal cabinet that he had next to his desk as I heard the clanking sounds of metal. It seemed to be full of tools.

He scattered for a while before grabbing a hand-held saw. "Ah-Hah!" Tails held it up, proud, before walking back over to me. My eyes widened a bit in fear.

"Don't be afraid, Shad's. Tails has awesome accuracy, you'll be fine!" Sonic reassured me and rubbed my back. I still cringed a bit in worry, but I sighed and put my cuffed hands out in front of me for the foxboy to see.

"Just stay still, okay?" The fox requested and I nodded, staying as still as I could. He took the hand-held saw and precisely (and slowly) cut through the metal cuffs. I could see the metal slowly breaking, and my left hand was free.

I moved my left hand frantically in celebration, missing the feeling of free hands. "Calm down, Shadow!" Tails laughed a bit. "I still need to release your right hand." I mumbled a small 'oops' and put my right hand up.

When he finished sawing both cuffs off, I moved my hands around with a small smile forming on my face. "Uh... thank you, foxboy." I awkwardly thanked the fox.

Tails smiled. "Call me Tails." He said, I bowed slightly as a form of respect and as a thank you.

"I will do so."

I talked to Sonic and Tails a bit in the lab, before Tails took the cuffs and decided to do some research on them and figure out how they worked. Sonic and I went upstairs to the main floor, not really knowing what to say now. I was trying to figure out something to say before I heard Sonic gasp dramatically.

"Wait, I just realized - uhm, well... remember how Amy apologized to you?" Sonic looked nervous to tell me something.

"Uh, yeah." I wasn't as upset at the mention of that pink hedgehog as I usually was.

"Well, they came with me to help you escape... and... well, they thought you went evil again because, well, it was kind of a walk-in-on-the-wrong-moment moment. When we saw you working with Eggman, y'know? So I think her and Knuckles aren't very fond of you right now... again." The blue hedgehog finished his long explanation as my facial expression didn't change.

"Oh." I paused, thinking for a moment. "Oh well. I couldn't care less for her, or his, validation." I 'hmph'ed and crossed my arms, before realizing something. "So... that means you still tried to save me despite thinking I was evil?" A slight hopeful smile appeared on my muzzle.