VIII - The Ultimate Hangout

No angst this time, just fun and wholesomeness so hope you enjoy :)
Also, thank you so much for 500 reads! 🥰🥰 extra long chapter today too, im so tired

"I'm so gonna regret this." I rolled my eyes.

Sonic completely ignored my words and rambled on himself. "Ooh, where should we go first? The mall? Meh-Burger? The museum? The park?"

"I don't know faker, you're the one who's familiar with all this." I shrugged and slowly stepped away.

"Okay, uhm, choose a number from 1 to 4!"

"No."

"Ughhh, come on!" Sonic followed me sluggishly and face-planted into the couch After a good ten seconds of silence, Sonic realized I wouldn't respond. "Fine, I guess the mall closes the earliest. We can visit that first." He stood up and pat himself off, racing out the front door.

"It's 5:02, are you sure we'll have time for all of that?" I questioned, following him out the door.

Sonic skid to a halt and turned around to face me again. "I guess not. Maybe we can just go the mall and have dinner." He shrugged, and walked beside me.

Now walking next to me, Sonic looked at me as if he wanted to tell me something. "Shadow, are you planning on staying here in Green Hills  or moving else somewhere?" He questioned me with a genuine look of worry on his face.

"Well, where else would I move, right?" I answered as the tension of worry on Sonic's face morphed to a smile.

"That's true, I was hoping you would stay anyway." Sonic blushed a bit and removed his gaze from me. I did the same.

We walked our way there, neither of us wanting to rush our time together. It did take a while, though, since my house is out in the forest for safety reasons. This was the first time I didn't want to run.

"Here we are, the center of town." Sonic spread his hands out in a way to dramatically present this to me. The city had many buildings, some tall, some low. There were humans and a few mobians crossing the street and some on the sidewalk, everywhere. I did not like this public environment. I prefer staying at home, but I wanted to give this "city hangout" thing a chance.

I felt off and turned my gaze behind me. I noticed two agents with "G.U.N" plastered on their suits hiding behind a tree, they seemed to be watching us. Why does that name sound so familiar?

G.U.N....

G.U.N..............

Then it hit me.

They were the people who killed Maria. They were the ones who ruined my life and destroyed hers. I clenched my fists and looked back at Sonic in a desperate attempt to not go and attack them. Seeing the same people who murdered my sister made me distraught. But I noticed Sonic looking at me, confused.

"Everything okay, Shadow?"

No, everything's not okay. Sonic doesn't give me time to answer and instead took notice of the agents behind as well. He looks back at me with a more understanding face.

"Oh, you're worried about them. It's fine, they're agents. They patrol the city."

Huh? They just patrol? I wanted to know more about G.U.N so I could take them down.