19. A Walk To The Cafeteria

(I have no idea why I put that title.)

"What happened?" Zero asked Ciel as they are in her lab.

It has been two days since he had knocked out Kalpas with his punch. After that he has been cooped up in the lab as ordered due to the unrest his actions have caused to the soldiers and members of Fire Moth. So now he is currently in her lab as she is looking at some data.

"Well, the soldiers and other employees are in an uproar at the super powerful robot that I've created." Ciel said not looking away from the screen.

"And?" Zero asked interested in knowing what the others think.

"They don't feel safe about having an artificial intelligence as powerful as you with a free will of your own." Ciel said as she typed with a grouchy face.

"And let me guess, they wanted me to shut down." Zero said to her with a deadpanned look.

"Yes, and they have given requests to get your information... Again." Ciel said with a huff.

"Didn't you already give it to them?" Zero asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, well the information that I managed to understand that is. I mean, how am I supposed a robot that is able to grow like a human. I know that my grandpa is a genius and all but even I don't understand your system." Ciel said to him.

'Well, in Megaman X world didn't they have super advanced technology on par of maybe even more advanced than the people in the Honkai world? And yet they weren't able to understand X or Zero.' Zero thought to himself thinking about it.

"Well, I gave them the data that I have since I don't have a choice. Why can't they just place their trust in you? I know that they don't have to trust you immediately but..." Ciel said as she has a sad look on her face.

Zero looked at her face and sighed. Ciel treasured him due to him being her grandpa's invention and also because she worked on him and helped in his activation and the two of them have started to act together.

Not to mention that Ciel treats Zero like a regular human. The only ones in the whole of Fire Moth who treat him as a human are Ciel, Himeko and Elysia. Mobius, Vill-V and Mei see him as an advanced robot that has mechanics that they've yet to understand while the soldiers see him as a freaking monster which he can kind of understand due to his abilities.

'Though they could put a little trust in me. Why can't they? Oh right, because they are nutjobs who think nothing of emotions and as such don't even know how to react to emotions!' Zero thought to himself in anger as his eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

"Well, you've been in the lab for sometime now so why don't you go out. There aren't any missions right now so you will be fine." Ciel said to him.

"Ok. I guess it is time for me to go out." Zero said as he stood up.

He then went out of the lab as Ciel followed behind him. The two walked with a steady face as they walked past many soldiers and other Fire Moth members. Most of them looked at Zero with cautious eyes which only served to irritate him. They talked as they walked and decided to pay a visit to the cafeteria for a change.

With that decided, they went to the  cafeteria and reached it in a few minutes. The automatic doors to the cafeteria opened and they were greeted with the sight of a lot of soldiers eating at the cafeteria but they didn't look at them as they were eating.

Except for the one's near them as they looked at their direction at hearing the door opening and looked at them curiously, only to see Zero staring right back at them with his full black-iris eyes.

"Z-Zero!" The soldiers shouted in shock.

That got the attention of the other soldiers in the cafeteria as they all looked at the door with wide eyes as many stopped eating and looked at the two or more specifically at Zero.

'Well, this is going to be lovely. At least Himeko is here.' Zero thought to himself as he looked at Himeko who is sitting with Hua.

End Chapter

That's it for this chapter. I know it is short but since I didn't publish so I thought why not.

I got Susannah by the way, on my first ten roll sooo, lucky!

Please leave a vote and comment and keep on supporting my book.