8. Nuclear Energy

"Ciel why did you not use Honkai energy for my core? As far as I am concerned Honkai energy is used by every human being isn't it?" Zero asked her.

After they left the room their reached the lab and Ciel was running the final tests on Zero to make sure that he is fine. As Zero was going through the test he thought about the reason as to why he has a Nuclear Reactor for an energy source.

Don't get him wrong, he likes the fact that he can use the Nuclear Reactor core for his abilities. And since his systems run on Nuclear Energy weapons like EMP won't hinder him as he uses Nuclear Radiation for his energy purposes.

Another thing to note that Ciel has made his system as resistant to hacking as she could. From what he heard, her grandfather had created the system which she modified and used to create him. Sadly, her grandfather didn't have the necessary resources to create his own robot which was the reason as to why he asked his granddaughter to fulfill his wish when he saw how smart she is.

But what confused him was the fact that she used a Nuclear Reactor as a power source when every other person in the world uses Honkai energy as a source of power. Which is the reason he asked her the question.

"I guess you would ask that." Ciel said as she let out a sigh.

She the completed the final calculations before turning to face Zero.

"It's because of the harmful effects of Honkai radiation." Ciel said to him.

"Then why use Nuclear Energy? It also emits radiation which has harmful effects on humans doesn't it?" Zero asked her.

"Yes but Nuclear Radiation can be contained as it isn't a problem. But Honkai Radiation isn't, it still affects human's and if they are exposed to them for a longer period of time it is possible for them to become infected and..." Ciel said as her face became sad.

"Them to become Honkai zombies." Zero finished for her.

"Yes." Ciel said to him.

"But they still use Honkai energy." Zero said as he crossed his arms.

"Honkai energy have been used for a long time and has been studied much more extensively than Nuclear Energy. That is why they use Honkai energy despite its dangers." Ciel said to him.

"Well, Honkai do give birth to Honkai Beasts, zombies and now the Herrscher's." Zero said to her.

"Yes, it is very difficult to fight them. Especially the Herrscher's, they have powers far beyond what human logic can dictate." Ciel said to him with a troubled look.

She has seen the power's that the Herrscher's possess and the destruction they are able to bring to the world with their powers.

"How many of these Herrscher's have appeared so far? I don't have the data about that." Zero said to her.

"Currently, 4 Herrscher's have been defeated. We possess their Herrscher Cores." Ciel said to him.

'Then that means the Herrscher's of Reason, Void, Thunder and Wind have been defeated.' Zero thought to himself.

"I must ask Ciel? How am I supposed to fight against Herrscher's when they possess such vast amounts of power?" Zero asked her.

He is quite happy with the amount of power he currently possesses but he doesn't know if he can go toe to toe against a Herrscher or not.

"That is another reason as to why I decided to give you a Nuclear Reactor and the ability to use Nuclear energy." Ciel said to him.

"Does that account for the antagonistic nature of the two energies?" Zero asked her.

"Yes. As far as I have seen, it seems like the two radiations don't mix well together. It's like trying to mix oil and water. Due to that, whenever some equipment is made of Nuclear Energy they have to be separated from Honkai Energy utilising equipments." Ciel said to him.

"Is that so. Then does me having a Nuclear Reactor along with having its energy coursing through my body acts as a natural deterrent against it?" Zero asked for confirmation.

(How do you guys like this one? I found out that one of Himeko's suit uses Nuclear fission for power which confused me since they always use Honkai energy. It also includes the fact that Nuclear fission is used as an energy source, usually. I want to ask your opinion about it.)

"I think it will. In fact, I think it will give you a fighting chance against the Honkai and maybe the Herrscher's." Ciel said to him.

Zero nodded before closing his eyes as he mulled over the information. If what she says is true, though they don't have much data on it since no one actually uses Nuclear Energy to fight against the Honkai, which he found stupid by the way, then it could give him an edge against the Honkai.

"Can you give me the information regarding the Herrscher's?" Zero asked her.

"Sure. I can put the information into your chip." Ciel said to him.

"No. I will learn." Zero said to her causing her to look at him surprised.

She never expected him to want to actually read it when he could easily get the information downloaded into his memory chip.

"Are you sure?" Ciel asked him.

"Yes. I want to know what it feel like to read and learn like how humans do." Zero said to her.

"Oh, well, I'll be right back." Ciel said surprised before a smile appeared on her face at his human like behaviour before starting to get the data.

'Grandpa, your dream is a reality now. Are you proud of me?' Ciel thought to herself as she grabbed a small necklace under her vest with a smile on her face.

End Chapter

That's it for this chapter.

How did you like my way of using Nuclear Energy?

Tell in the comments.

Please leave a vote and comment and keep on supporting my book.