.31

.31

         The hallway is full of students, considering that midterms are coming; everyone seems to be so busy to care about their surroundings. The memory of Kev's smirk is still irritating me. Is there a way for me to avoid the National University Conference?

Yes, I know it'll be an excellent chance to observe Kev, but he gets on my nerves like no one else, and I'm still scared of him. I want to hurt someone. Today's such a bad day. I probably look so scary because some students are avoiding me as I walk to my locker.

I'm going to have dinner with Alexavia, and she's probably waiting for me outside. I want to calm myself before I face her. She has been my best friend for a long time, and we treat each other like sisters. I'm sure she'll know if something's bothering me.

I sighed; I opened my locker to fetch some books when something fell. A paper folded carefully. I didn't hesitate to pick it up, and what I read shocked me.

"Do you want to know what happened to Mommy and Daddy? I'll tell you, little girl. You'll find your first clue tonight."

I immediately crumpled the paper and threw it in the trash bin. I stared at the bin as if I could burn it. My heart is beating so fast. It feels like I ran a marathon, and I don't know how to calm myself.

Someone placed the paper inside my locker. The question is, who? Was it my captor? He's the only person who told me about my parents, and it seems like he knows a lot. Could it be Kev? Or someone else? I'm not sure about what's happening anymore.

Before I could stop myself, I opened the trash bin to search for the paper. I can analyze the writing, or I could ask Detective Michaels to check for fingerprints. Maybe we can find some clues from this paper.

I know the students are probably staring at me like I have gone crazy, and maybe I am insane. I didn't care about the smell either the way I look right now as I search the trash. When I saw the familiar crumpled paper, I picked it up right away and placed it inside my jeans pocket.

"What the hell, Skyla?" Alexavia half-shouted.

Binalik ko ang takip ng basurahan, and I forced my self to smile genuinely at her. I don't want her to worry. I'm going to have fun tonight as nothing happened. I'll forget everything for now.

I took a deep breath, "Hey, Alex. Can I shower in your place? I kinda stink." She pinched her nose in disgust and only nodded at me. The other students gave way as I passed na tila diring-dire sa akin. I can't blame them. Halos mag-dive na ako sa basurahan kanina.

I followed her to her car, "What the fuck was that, Skyla? Are you that poor at namamasura ka na ngayon?"

Rolling my eyes, I said, "I accidentally threw something kaya bago pa dumating si kuya helper. I thought of getting it again before I regret it."

"Gross. Kakalinis lang ng kotse ko at ngayon ipapalinis ko na naman."

"I'm sorry, okay? I'll pay for the fee."

"You better." I walked faster hanggang sa magkatabi na kami. I pinched her left cheek with my dirty right hand. "Ewwwww, Skyla. I hate you."

I giggled as I ran towards her car, opening the passenger seat. I turned to her and said, "I know you love me."

I didn't bother looking at her expression because I know she'll be rolling her eyes, but she'll smile anyway. 

           Alexavia's room smells like lavender. Sobrang relaxing ng amoy na gusto ko nalang matulog at kalimutan ang lahat pero knowing Alex, she won't allow it. According to her hindi na kami nakakapag-bonding and she misses me terribly.