16. Complaint

Y/N
You knew for a fact that if you didn't act soon, Agent Jackson would find some way to try and end your career. He'd make up some bullshit claim or would put you in a compromising situation.

That's why you needed to talk to Hotch. You asked Spencer to give Agent Jackson a fake excuse in case he got suspicious. You had arranged a meeting with Hotch, hoping that the only thing interrupting the meeting would be a new case.

You walked up to Hotch's office. Every step that you took caused your heart to race faster. You could see Agent Jackson walking up to Derek, wondering what you were walking up to Hotch's office for.

You knocked on Hotch's door, hearing him allow you entry into his office. As you opened the door, you could see the stern look on his face.

"Hi, Hotch." You nodded, watching as he put down his pen, drawing all his attention to you. You closed the door behind you. You calmly walked to the chair that rested opposite his and sat down, trying to keep yourself composed.

"What can I do for you?" Hotch asked, a slight smile appearing on his face. You hadn't ever seen him smile in all of the time that you knew him.

"I know that it's not usual for an Agent to have issues on their first day working with any department, but there seems to be an issue that I'd like to bring to your attention." You smiled, trying not to show any emotions. You wanted to smile, to show that you were taking a stand against Agent Jackson, but you didn't. The last thing you wanted to show Hotch is that you were just an immature Agent.

"Let me guess. Does Agent Jackson have anything to do with this issue of yours?" Hotch asked, leaning forward. His hands were clasped together and he was looking at you, obviously hoping for an honest answer.

"How did you-?" You were shocked. How on Earth did he know about Agent Jackson's behaviour?

"Reid told me, when you were with us as a Probationary Agent. He informed me that you were having issues with a fellow cadet at the time." Hotch explained.

Of course Spencer said something. You mentally smiled, pleased that Spencer had taken some action.

"At the time, he told me what Agent Jackson had been doing. I did tell Spencer that I'd investigate the claim, even though you weren't a member of the BAU. Unfortunately, with no official evidence to prove the actions of Agent Jackson, I was unable to move the claim further. But, now that you have come to me with this issue, I ask that if any proof has surfaced, that I be given the proof." Hotch asked. As if Spencer had been listening in, or was had amazing timing, he knocked on the door and opened it, apologising for interrupting.

"Hotch, you asked for proof of Agent Jackson's actions and I have proof." Spencer smiled. You looked up at him, confused as to what proof he had. Had he gone to Penelope and asked her to look through Agent Jackson's emails and texts? Had he gone to Agent Jackson himself and provoked him in order to get proof?

Without any hesitation, Spencer pulled out his phone and clicked a button. You heard voices.

Spencer had recorded your conversation with Agent Jackson! Genius! You were moments away from cheering and thanking Spencer for helping you, but you stopped, trying to remain professional.

"What can I do for you, Agent Jackson?" Y/N asked, her voice full of confusion.

"Please, Y/N. Call me Chris. We are going to be working together, after all. I can't believe it. We both got placed with the BAU. It's good for me, but not so much for you." He explained.

This conversation had been stuck in the back of your head since it happened. You could see the intrigue on Hotch's face as he listened to the recording.

"What do you mean?" Y/N questioned him.

"Unfortunately, we're both working with the BAU. You just had to ruin my plan and be chosen as well. I'm only asking this once. Request to be placed within another division or unit, and I'll spare you. We both know that you won't last even a day with the BAU. So, do us both a favour and transfer." Agent Jackson threatened.

"Look, Agent Jackson. The last time you threatened me, you said that all I had to do was steal your spot within the BAU and you'd ruin my career. But we BOTH got placed with the BAU, meaning you have no reason to ruin my career." She explained.

You knew what was coming next, but before Hotch could hear the rest of the recording, Spencer stopped it.

"Okay. I would like a detailed recount of every conversation that you and Agent Jackson have had since you met him." Hotch nodded. You smiled, understanding what he was asking of you. The moment he allowed you to leave, you walked to your desk - next to Spencer's desk - and sat down, hearing footsteps.

"What was that about Y/N? Hope you're not in trouble." You rolled your eyes at the obvious lie that Agent Jackson had just told.

"Shouldn't you be working, Agent Jackson?" Spencer glared at Agent Jackson, who quickly looked up at him, trying to make it look like he wasn't just talking to you. Without hesitation, Agent Jackson cleared his throat and walked off, heading to his desk - across from Derek's desk.

You had never seen Hotch and Agent Jackson interact, but seeing how nervous he became around Spencer, it was clear that he didn't like him and wanted to avoid him at all costs.

———

You wrote down very detailed accounts of every time you and Agent Jackson had ever spoken. It was annoying and hard to think about - let alone write about - so you got it done as quickly as possible. Within 30 minutes, each encounter had been written down in detail, leaving you to hand it to Hotch as he walked from the conference room to his office. Needing to take your mind off Agent Jackson, you got into studying for the profiler exam that would occur in a few weeks.

You had gotten so involved in your work that you hadn't even noticed Agent Jackson being called up to Hotch's office until JJ got your attention, pointing to the office. The last thing you needed was to worry about Hotch and Agent Jackson's meeting, so you put your head down and got back to your current task.

Around 15 minutes later, you watched in shock as Agent Jackson walked out of Hotch's office, a look of anger on his face. It was clear that Hotch had told him off. Whether he would be punished by Hotch and/or Strauss or he would be transferred, you had no idea. All you knew is that he was angry, and that meant that Hotch had confronted him about the threats he had made toward you.