15. Bump in the road

Y/N
Finally, after 20 weeks of training, you were only 15 minutes away from graduating. You had worked so hard, gotten through so many classes. You even worked with the BAU and dealt with your own jerk. You couldn't wait to start your career within the FBI. Sure, you had many jobs in the past, but none that were this exciting.

You had gotten in contact with Alyssa, who was more than happy to come to your graduation. You watched as Rebecca, Susan and Mara all got ready for the big day. What you found cool was that 2 days ago, Agent Anderson gave everyone surveys letting him know who was going to show up in suits and who was going to show up in dresses. To your surprise and excitement, both Mara and Rebecca were going to attend the graduation in suits.

"No offence to you and Susan, but who's really willing to spend hours in tight dresses? I'm showing up to the graduation in my fanciest suit with my highest heels." Mara laughed as she fixed the blazer of her very fashionable suit.

"I'm not wearing a dress the whole day. I'll wear a dress for the graduation ceremony, but during the 15 minutes before the announcement ceremony, I'll change into a suit." You admitted, surprising your friends.

"Very sneaky, Y/N. We love it!" Rebeca chuckled.

"Group 24, time to leave. C'mon, let's go." Agent Anderson made his presence known as he opened the door. You and your friends quickly made last minute adjustments before following him.

SPENCER
I secretly hoped that no cases would be given to us today. I had been keeping up with Y/N's letters and today was her graduation. Throughout the day, I constantly asked Garcia, JJ and Hotch if any cases had come in, and to my relief, there weren't any. Sure, my constant asking would make them suspicious, but I didn't care. They could ask as many questions as they wanted, and I wouldn't say a word.

I'd keep looking up at the time, making sure that I would be on time for the ceremony. At 2:15 PM, I exhaled, standing up. I had only slightly changed my appearance, wearing my fanciest tie. It actually happened to be the tie that I wore the day I met Y/N.

"Hey, pretty boy. Where you going?" Derek asked as he leaned back in his chair, grabbing JJ and Prentiss' attention.

"I'm heading out." I admitted.

"C'mon, pretty boy. You gotta give us more than that." Derek insisted. If I didn't leave soon, I'd be late for Y/N's graduation ceremony. I started getting nervous, adjusting my tie, which accidently drew their attention to it.

"Wait, hold on. You're wearing your fanciest tie! That means that wherever you're going, it's somewhere special!" Prentiss exclaimed, more excited. I almost chuckled. The whole team had been waiting to find out if and when Y/N was joining the BAU, yet they had no clue that today was her graduation from the program.

"I'm going to be late, so please, let me go!" I practically begged, ignoring the comments being made by my co-workers.

I quickly rushed out of the BAU bullpen. I exhaled as I hastily walked toward where the ceremony was being held. It was an open event, meaning family, friends and even Agents within the FBI were allowed to attend. The ceremony was being held outside, right in the middle of the running field. There was a large stage with banners and other decorative pieces. I could see Y/N and the rest of the graduating Cadets standing in the marquee behind the stage.

"Spencer Reid?" A woman around Y/N's age asked, smiling.

"Yes, that's me." I smiled, recognising her.

"Hi. I'm Alyssa Barton, Y/N's friend." She smiled.

"It's nice to meet you." I nodded, seeing the excitement on her face. She was clearly just as proud of Y/N for graduating.