Chapter Ten🦋

As a friend ?

Well.... I'm back in Adams office again with him sitting opposite me and the other guy sitting besides me...

For some really weird reason I'm finding it hard to remember his name this morning...maybe it's because of the pounding headache I'm currently nursing or the fact that I have to visit the orphanage tomorrow and I am in absolutely in no mood to do so...

"can someone explain what happened yesterday to me??" he asks obviously failing at trying to compress the high pitch tone of his voice and the way his eyebrows are raised amd his hands are clenched.... meaning he's angry right??

I tilt my head a little, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I try to decode his feelings, trying to assess his features cause that the only way I know how to read people's emotions...i don't get the whole look Into your eyes Shit or me just feeling that you're angry or sad...i have to decode, which most times gets stressful and annoying especially with people that show little to no expressions...

I think he's agitated more than angry or I could be wrong...you'd think after many years of doing this I'll be some kind of expert but noooo, I still find it hard reading people's emotion...but i"ll survive.

I notice he has stopped talking and is now staring at me...in fact both eyes of the men in this room are on me and I'm forced to snap out of my current mission of reading Adams emotions

"was I asked something??" I asked trying to recollect what Adams had been saying for the past minutes but nothing seems to be coming to mind

"I was just wondering why your gaze was fixated on me like I was the only animal in a zoo" Adams says...i think he's trying to joke or lighten the mood by using some kind of simile which is doing absolutely nothing to lighten the mood but creep me out.
Why would he use animals and zoo, that just wrong and factly dryyyy.

So I  don't pretend to laugh like the guy next to me whose name I have now recollected to be Andrew Olajide, I just stare at him with a blunt expression hoping he gets that his supposed joke was very boring.

"I was lost in thoughts sorry" I say keeping my explanation short and light.

"okay well....i heard counselling was a tough pickle and now we need to get another counsellor for you guys cause your former one refuses to counsel you ever again..i want to ask what you guys did to her but I fear your answer even more than my curiousity so I don't need to know" Adams says while I just stay silent comprehending what he just said.

Another counsellor, are you kidding me??? I want to shout out but I'm not even mentally ready for an argument I know I Will not win so why go through the stress right.

We talk more on our schedule and what we a re going to be occupied with for the rest of the week. And by 'we' I meant they...I just sat there pretending to be listening while thinking about the occurrence of yesterday.

I tend to blow up like that sometimes...but it's mortifying that I decide to do it in front of my arc nemesis...well former arch nemesis since I no longer hate him as much as I used to.

After the meeting was over...I immediately get up and take my leave giving Adam a slight wave before jamming the door behind me.

I immediately start walking down the hallways hoping to catch lunch before it's almost over.

"Hey, hey hold up...where are you running to" he calls after me

I stop moving and wait for him to catch up before turning to face him. He doesn't think we are pals now does he???

"Yes?" I say immediately he reaches me hoping to end the conversation as fast as possible and leave.

"Aren't we supposed to have lunch together??" He asks as I just nod absentmindedly.

Lunch together?
Oh right I remember the stupid Lunch together shit Adams forced us to do.

"Uhmmm, I'm not really hungry, you can just go without me" I say and begin to walk away once again, I guess I'm not going to catch lunch after all.

"Oh come on!! Let's eat and sort our differences out. I feel you owe me at least that much," he tells me as he tries to match my pace

"I owe you nothing, I have no idea what you're talking about plus we have nothing to solve." I say cutting through a hallway with him tailing behind.

I normally use this hallway cause people don't pass this place much...saying something about a witch wandering around in the night....I never got that but It was a benefit for me considering the normal hallways are normally packed with people.

"I didn't want to have to do this but...I'll have to tell Adam that you're not taking this seriously" he says in a kind of sing song voice especially at the end.

"Oh come on!!, You don't want to be that guy!" I say stopping abruptly and turning to face him making him practically run into me as we both fall to the ground with a oof

"I'm definitely that kind of person plus I kinda like you so why the hell should I not bribe you to have lunch with me" he says bluntly pinning me down to the floor

What the???

"Excuse you?? You like me??" I ask suddenly feeling his close proximity....okay he was way too close for comfort. I mean...I was practically being pinned down by this man...this very hot and beautifully sculpted man.

"Well yeah, isn't that what I just said?" He replies back still not looking like he was ready to get off me.
Thank goodness this hallway is mostly always empty.

"I don't want to be friends with you so thanks for liking me as a friend but no thanks" I say and try my best to atleast shove him off me.

He finally gets off me flashing me his million dollar smile that would make any girl swoon.

"Oh, I don't mean as friends" he mutters into my ears and continues walking, not before gesturing for me to following behind.

"What on earth do you mean by that?" I ask not wanting my brain to jump to conclusions. I need to be told exactly what it is.

He turns to face me with that smile still on his face, still walking but this time backwards like a creep.

"You just have to, don't you??" He says grinning at me.

"I dont get why you keep smiling at me like there's something funny, is there something funny that I am not aware about?" I ask looking around maybe I had missed something.

"Nope, don't worry. Let's just go have lunch" he says then turns back to face front instead of the awkward walking backwards stuff he was doing which I hate to admit looked too hot for my liking.

As I follow him, already giving up hope of trying to get out of lunch with him...though a part of me actually want to go...I know right...horrifying!!!. My mind roams...what the heck is wrong with me?? What the heck is wrong with him? I wouldn't know until I asked him. Which I am going to do on this lunch date.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
Heyyyoooo...

Hope you like the chapter....it's been a while so I'm kinda rusty

Like, vote, share and please COMMENT!!

I really do need your opinion on the story😭💗

Lotta love 💕