Chapter Nine📿

Car Ride

Dahumm!!

I have never seen someone look so fucking sexy while practically screaming their lungs out.

I must admit that the counselor really did make me uncomfortable and was totally ignoring and cutting off Atilola. If I was in her situation I would have done the same things but a little less...i don't know but I think the whole argument went a little further than she was playing it out to be. I mean from what the counselor did, it may be enough to act out like that but there was something else...something else I couldn't quite put my finger on.

But, I do appreciate the fact that she sort of defended me and that alone led me to have a million thoughts on why she defended me.

I watch as she stomps out of the counselor office practically shaking with anger. I immediately get up, hoping to catch her before she leaves. Maybe I could be of help in anyway cause she really didn't look okay.

But before I can head out, I'm stoped by an hand grabbing me. I turn to see the counselor whose name I have long forgotten holding my suit and staring at me with flirty eyes.

Some ladies really don't have pride

"yes? How can I help you?" I say trying to sound as cold as Atilola was in the hallways earlier on

I watch as her flirty smile falters a little but she quickly places it back trying to look unfazed by my dark and cold tone

"I was just trying to see whether we could go out for lunch or grab a drink then take it over to my place" she suggests while I scrunch up my face in disgust..

Some people are so wicked and selfish..

"your patient just stormed out of this room throwing curses around and all you can do is to be selfish and ask me out?? God forbids me spending time with someone like you, a bitch with no sense of discipline or culture" I tell her and forcefully jerk my arm away from her tight grip.

I watch as her face pales and she doesn't look like she knows whether to be angry or dejected.
I dont spare her another glance before rushing out the door hoping that Atilola isn't long gone by now.

But unfortunately i'm not so lucky and I arrive to see an empty parking  lot with just a few traces of her wheel tracks that must have appeared during her haste to get out of here.

After a few seconds of just standing in the middle of the parking lot, I finally decide to head home, already mentally tired of this day.

I enter my car, lock the doors, put on my seat belts and turn on the engine facing the direction of my apartment. Hopefully I'd meet her in the building where we both stay

I found it kind of weird earlier on when she was practically begging Adams not to let her go to counsel, it's like she feared this would happen, it's like she knew she was going to lose it in there. At first I thought that she was just exaggerating cause she didn't want to spend time with me but...something about the whole situation didn't just feel right. There's something missing in this whole thing and it's killing me that i don't know.

My mind keeps on wandering, but my eyes stay on the road not wanting to lose focus on my driving.

Thankfully, my eyes catches something...a car...parked at the side of the road...her car?....Atilola's car!

I slow to a stop and use my eyes to scan if anyone was in there and I saw her. She was resting her head on the steering wheel.

Now I'm not sure if she's alive or somethings wrong cause she's not moving.