Chapter Six🦋

My therapist should praise me

🦋🦋🦋

I enter Adams office on the dot of 10:30, inwardly sighing in relief that I got here right on time

Adam doesn't look surprised at all, infact he doesn't even look at me at all probably already used to the fact that I always show up right on time..not a minute too early or too late.

On the other hand, I turn my head slightly to look at Mr Olajide and he looks quite surprised...why?....i  have no idea....maybe he wasn't expecting me to come or something but the way he's looking at me creeps me out. But I can't help but notice how amazing he looked, he definitely became even hotter than he was yesterday. How can someone look so handsome??. I can't be thinking like this unless I'm going to start drooling...

So I turn my attention back to Adams who seems to have been talking about something and I wasn't even listening to him. I immediately tune back in to notice that he's making a conversation with Mr Olajide about yesterday's show and how many views my show gets everytime. I just smile at him as he brags about me to Mr Olajide.

I notice i'm still standing at the door side so I walk in, walking close to where Adams and Mr Olajide are seated...

I was told by my therapist when I was young that I should always acknowledge everyone in a room and that that will help improve my socializing skills.
I didn't really like that cause it'd always end up with me having to converse with someone which was what I tried to avoid but I had to do it because my therapist told me to, and if I didn't do it, I'd feel like I was betraying her or something like that and it creeped me out, but I soon got used to it and I didn't really mind doing it anymore...well, until now that is....cause I didn't even feel like looking in his direction but I knew I had to unless the feeling of betrayal would appear again.

Clearing my throat, I don't bother to put a smile on my face as I greet Mr Olajide not even bothering to hide my distate...I'm sure my therapist must be turning in her grave if she watched what I just did...but oh well

"Morning,Mr Olajide and Adams hi" I say the last part with a smile as I turn to face Adams and he also returns the smile and offers me a sit

Before I could take my sit peacefully, a voice spoke up...

"you can also call me by my first name, I don't mind" Mr Olajide suggests....i would gladly ignore him if not for my therapist.

Mrs Rebecca, you should applaud me wherever you are!!

"I'd rather not Mr Olajide" I say with a tight lipped smile and finally sit down.

Adams is also on his seat watching us with a smirk, I don't know what he found so funny and I don't want to find out.

Adams clears his throat a little and gets straight to business handing us two files so we can start to cross check. But I can't shrug the feeling of Mr Olajide watching me. Weirdo!!

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Three hours later, the meeting ended and I immediately get up like my seat was burning.
I didn't care how I looked, I didn't want to stay here anymore...i felt claustrophobic throughout the whole meeting especially when a really good looking guy whose wearing a simple shirt and nice jeans keeps staring at me like I'm some puzzle that he wants to solve or something he wants to figure out. I don't like that....i don't like attention at all.

I'm halfway to the door when I hear my name and halt immedaitely...darn it, I thought I could leave without much of an hassle...well I guess not

"Atilola" Mr Olajide calls out and I turn to face him, my frown deepening as I realise that he called me by my first name without any form of honorific. I should correct that cause I didn't give him permission to do so, but not now so I don't look like a total bitch in front of Adams

"Yes, Mr Olajide" I answer with a tight  lipped smile, gosh this guy is annoying!!

"Well, Adams thought that since we are going to be working together in a very important  show together we should get to know each other better, you know...to improve our connection on the show-" he continues to explain but i'm to antsy to get out of here so I cut him short

"yeah so" I say rather too rudely but I don't really care cause I'm pretty sure every one in this room can clearly see my desperation to get out of here. And he's probably doing this on purpose to irritate me and get a good reaction out of me.

"well, I was thinking that maybe we should have lunch together today, since it's already lunch time" he offers me with a smile, seeming not bothered by my rudeness

Lunch? Together? With him?
Yeah, that's a definite no for me

"Uhmm, I'm not sure, i'm pretty busy so I don't think I have the-" I'm about to decline when Adams cuts me off

"ohh stop making excuses Atty, you told me yesterday that you practically have nothing to do for the rest of the week and that you were especially free today. Just go on and have lunch with Andrew today. Infact, you both should have lunch together starting from today for the sake of the show obviously" Adams decided and my eyes immediately widens in horror

What??!!!, Ehn?!!, he must be kidding me right now!!

"That's way too much Adams, you are pushing-" I start to say but I'm cut short by Adams booming voice

"That's an order as your manager Miss Benson, so please leave my office. And keep in mind that I will know if you don't go through with it" Adams says as I gape at him in disbelief

What the fuck?! How could he do that to me?!

I am so pissed right now but I don't argue with him fearing the tone of his voice and the look he was giving me, daring me to argue with him.

Most times Adams is layback and cool but just once in a blue moon his he serious like this. I can't believe he picked this time of all times to be serious.

I scoff in disbelief and walk out of his office not saying anything again...

I'm so frustrated...i could cry. You know that feeling when you get to angry or frustrated that tears just start spilling out? Yeah that's what I'm feeling right now but I don't let the tears spill out, instead I face the cause of the whole problem who is standing right in front of me looking quite uncomfortable. I'm going to pass my aggression on him instead...he deserves it doesn't he?

"what? Why are you staring at me" I say eyeing him as he immedaitely averts his gaze noticing that he had been staring at me

"well, Uhmm. I'm thinking that we should have lunch at the eatery across the street. I heard its a nice place" he tells me and I just nod trying to hide my distate at the whole situation.I hate interacting!!! But I can't be that hateful to someone who hasn't done wrong to me yet but atleast I can be a little bitter towards him. I deserve that.

I start to walk ahead not looking behind me to see if he's following me or not cause to be honest I could care less if he was.

This is going to be the worst lunch ever!!!!

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Heyyy guys,

How you all doing, I hope you like this  chapter. I finally decided to go back to Atty's POV, I was missing her a little bit 😀

Anyways, pls don't forget to vote, comment  and share....

Thanks for reading...lotta love💖