011

"That was so tiring."  Lisa groaned as she rubbed at her shoulders, while Jungkook only glanced over with a smile.

The pair stood alone in the private basement lobby of the hotel, waiting for the driver to call that he had reached before having to face the cold exterior.

"I don't know how you do it, seriously." She confessed, somewhat gaining respect for the guy after seeing how many relations he had to maintain simply for his business.

"I grew up with it. I guess it's all I ever knew." He shrugged, as Lisa started to feel sympathy for him.

She's seen his home life, and although she could recognise there was some sort of relation between his mother and him, it was still so detached that it felt like an extended family member rather than his own mother.

And that was only from the one visit he had with her in his place. His father? Never even seen him around his own son.

Never had she personally seen someone so uncaring for an existing family, which is something she couldn't relate to as despite coming from an initially middle class family, she never grew up empty. She was always loved and cared for, especially since she was an only child.

Perhaps that was why seeing someone growing up loveless affected her so much, and perhaps that's why she developed a strange care for this man.

"What're you thinking so hard about?" A voice broke her out of her string of thoughts as a finger poked at the side of her forehead.

His sudden closeness had shocked her, as she fumbled over her step a little as he steadied her by wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her close to him.

She stopped breathing for a moment at their sudden closeness, more so as she noticed how his eyes softened as they landed on hers, and how he refused to pull his hand away despite her regaining her step.

She involuntarily tensed at his touch as his hand went to reach for the side of her face, gently taking a hold as he seemed to have forgotten anything's existence but hers.

"Lisa." He breathed, as she could feel the warmth radiating off of him from her hand on his chest and contrasting the chilly night.

For Jungkook, this was his chance. He hadn't even looked at another woman ever since this girl stepped into his estate that one day. Her stark and competitive personality and her focus towards her work aligned perfectly with a woman he would choose to get serious with. And as if that was not enough, just her being her, truly zeroed him in on her.

Now, he couldn't imagine himself with anyone else.

It was a dangerous game, as initially it was intended to stay as playful flirting.

But here he was now, steadfastly growing attached to his bodyguard.

Wordlessly, he began to lean in closer, as she could feel his lips drawing closer to hers, his scent growing stronger as she subconsciously tightened her hold on his suit jacket, anticipating the warm feeling more and more every second.

And just as it was about to finally happen, she did the most unexpected thing by shoving him behind her harshly and pulling out her firearm, pointing it ahead as he turned around and found an employee from the ball with a pistol pointed right at Lisa, which would have been him if she had not pushed him away.

"Put the gun down now." She warned, her tone drastically different from her casual tone earlier.

"Move out of the way, lady. We both know you won't use it, but I will. So save yourself and let me do my job." He spoke in response, as she only clicked the safety off her gun.