001

DEA.

Division Espionage and Assassinations. 

A hidden empire, carrying out countless operations away from the watchful eyes of the public. Only the most powerful of the world have encountered their presence. Either to aim at someone, or be aimed at.

Arranging a meeting with them requires the utmost efforts, as you do not find them, they find you. 

DEA agents have been hired by countless sectors of society. Their range of clientele goes from crime lords, mafias, business people on the wrong side of society, to even governments. You name it. 

One of the main reasons their operations have never been halted to date is that certain governments, including the South Korean one, have hired DEA to carry out operations outside the government name. Espionage for hidden files, assassinations of key political figures, hacking into national databases for key data.... you name it. They utilized the agency for black ops they could to be unassociated with in case of an agent being found out, or worse, caught.  

Another thing regarding DEA, capture was almost unheard of. 

Maybe that is possible due to the highly intensive selection program the agency follows when recruiting new agents. They were the top secret agency in the world at the moment, and that was made possible due to the quality of their operations. No loose ends, no detrimental evidence, no novice agents. 

Secondly, DEA hired agents fit for at least one of their two divisions. Intelligence or Field. They played at both fields separately, hiring the best of the best for both programs. It was virtually unheard of for an agent to be a part of both, yet some exceptions do remain. 

Their program was brutal, their NDA's even worse. A single mention of their name alone can cause a missing case, which would later turn into a cold case. No recruit in training is provided with excess information, and only those who could prove to hold their silence in even the most brutal of conditions were permitted to join as new agents. 

DEA operated in the dark. Away from any surveillance or doubt. They came and went as a ghost. Each of their workers disguised as employees in a cover agency of there's. Secrecy was the utmost priority. 

Their weaponry and technology was top of the line, provided that the payments they received for each operation never went cheap. The scale of their operations were large, as they only excepted operations worth their name. 

If an operation was rejected, then any aspiring client would have to forget any encounter with said agency after. An audience with DEA itself was a huge indicator of their probability of accepting the proposed operation. 

They had contacts everywhere. With just one phone call they could and would be provided with new weaponry, safe houses, intel, money, cover stories, fake identities, and more, at any time or place.

DEA was the top of the line for secret services. Their reputation, success rate, wages, and general commodities put them at the top of the list for any secret agent to apply to. They were the Harvard for secret agents. The impossible dream. 

And that is why, at any illegal meeting, or at any stop where secret agents would meet,  a DEA agent would automatically be at the top of the ladder. Their skills and the money they receive from their operations automatically granted them a sense of respect in any room they walk into. 

A job that gambled with life.

 Breaking international laws.

Operations exceeding borders. 

Illegal operations blindsided by the governments by convenience. 

This was the life of DEA.