Untitled Part 17

CHAPTER 13

School started and Harry and Sirius were keeping in touch by owl. On a dull November morning, Hedwig came to Grimmauld Place with a letter.

Sirius,

Please meet me at Hogsmeade tomorrow. I need to talk to you.

Hugs,

Harry

Sirius was very worried. What did Harry need? It was strange. The next morning, he went in the 3 broomsticks and saw Harry at one of the tables. He wasn't with Ron and Hermione. In fact, he was alone.

"Sirius!"

They hugged each other and then sat at the table.

"What did you need to tell me, Harry?"

"I'm telling you this because you're the only one who can understand me and will believe me. Nobody does, even Ron and Hermione."

"Tell me. I'll always be by your side."

"Draco Malfoy's up with something. I think he replaced his father as a Death Eater, and Snape's helping him."

"Are you sure about Snape?"

"I heard them talking."

Sirius studied his godson for a moment.

"I believe you." He said, then. Harry gave him a bright smile and hugged him.

"I knew it."

"Now you have to understand what he's doing. Are you still teaching the DA?"

"Only a few students."

"Okay, tell them to help you. And bring other people into it. Then, on Christmas period, we'll have a few meetings and you'll tell us."

"I will. Thank you, Sirius."

"You're welcome. By the way, how's school doing?"

"I'm one of Slughorn's favorite students."

"Really? I never was. Just your mum."

"Snape's teaching DADA... and Dumbledore and I are having meetings."

"Yes, he told me. I told him to protect you, and not to let you do too dangerous things."

"I'm not a baby, Sirius!"

"But you're my godson."

"Oh, and, Sirius?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you heard anything about Remus?"

Sirius shook his head.

"He can't send owls, he'd be attacked. But we'd know if anything happened to him."

Harry nodded. Then, they got up, paid their butterbeer and got out.

"Goodbye, Harry, we're seeing each other on Christmas."

"Bye, Sirius. See you."