i'll never leave you

Harry woke up, sweaty and gasping. He heard a shout, and he knew it was his when he saw Ron's and Hermione's worried faces.

"Harry! What happens? What happens? Tell us, Harry!" but Harry was too breathless, too sweaty and too terrified to answer. From his lips escaped just a feeble "Sirius." Hermione and Ron looked at each other, and then she went away, probably looking for Sirius. Ron was trying to calm down Harry. Sirius got into the room, followed by Remus, Mrs. Weasley and Tonks. Sirius went to his godson.

"Harry, Harry, what happened? A nightmare?"

Harry nodded, without stopping trembling.

"Harry, calm down." Mrs. Weasley gave him a glass of water. When he finished, the boy said:

"He's coming. He'll come here. He knows where I am. Sirius, he wants to kill you. He wants you and me. He's coming! We have to go away!"

"What?!" said everyone.

"Please, I feel it! He's coming! Believe me!"

"What do we do, Sirius?" said Remus.

"I think we should do as he says. If he feels it, he's right."

"But where do we go?"

"At mine!" said Mrs. Weasley.

Soon Grimmauld place was empty. They went to their room. Harry shared with Hermione, Ron and Ginny. His friends were all sleeping, but Harry still couldn't. He was still terrified that Voldemort could catch Sirius. He couldn't imagine a life without Sirius. His godfather was his only family.

The door opened, and Harry found that the person who had interrupted his thoughts was the person he was thinking of. Sirius went near him to see if he was sleeping. Then he whispered a "follow me" in the ear. Harry got up and followed Sirius to his room, shared with Remus. On the way, Sirius put an arm on Harry's shoulders, and the boy relaxed a bit. When they got to Sirius' room, the godfather closed the door. Remus was still downstairs.

"Harry…" began Sirius.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to…"

"Grimmauld Place was destroyed half an hour ago. You saved our life."

Harry began to sob like a baby. Sirius held him close and began to rub his back. He didn't tell him to calm down or anything. He gust gave him a shoulder to cry on.

"Sirius, don't leave me…"

"Sssh, I won't ever leave you. EVER."

"I saw him. He wants you, Sirius. He'll look for you until you'll be dead. He wants you because he knows that he'd have me. This means that I'll be the cause of your death! Sirius, I don't want this to happen!"

"Calm down, Harry. As you can see, I'm not dead yet. You-know-who won't kill me."

"Sirius, go away. I don't want you to be in danger. Go away and leave us all."

"Harry, you know I couldn't ever do it. I'm not a coward."

"It's not cowardly, Sirius! He will kill you!

"I want you to listen to me carefully, Harry. If he kills me, you must not break down. You have to be strong. For me, for your parents, for everyone, you're more important than me. I'm not a coward, Harry. I just can't. How would you feel if I asked you to leave your friends and go away? Do you understand?"

Harry nodded.

"I'm a Gryffindor. I can't."

"I love you." Said Harry. Sirius looked at him with tears in his eyes.

"The last person who told me that was your father."

Sirius hugged him tight while they both broke down with sobs. They pulled away after what seemed hours.

"Go to bed, Harry."

"I can't sleep."

"Come in my bed with me."

They leaned down in Sirius' bed. Harry rested his head against his godfather chest. He felt something rising in his body, making him feel safe. The scar stopped hurting for the first time in that night and he, finally, fell asleep.