Chapter 8 - My Queen

A/N: Extra long chapter since you guys had to wait a week for me to come back from spring break :) enjoy!

***

Sloane

We couldn't sneak me in the first day. Or the second for that matter. We had so many different plans and ideas on where, when, and how I could get out on the island. Every contingency taken into account. But the first two days of the Ball, the Port was under intense lockdown. Rumor had it that the Inquisitor was eyeing anyone who was trying to get onto the ferry.

Kane and I considered going under water to the cave on the Island. Unfortunately, our water nymphs told us that for the Ball there is extra security on the waterways. My only hope is the ferry...on day three. The last day of the Ball.

My wolf huffs in annoyance. We've been very nervous and giddy. The patience I'm trying to have is thinning away. I have to stay clear-minded despite everything fogging.

"You'll get in." Joshua crosses his arms. We're standing just outside the Port. Their lighthouse in the distance as we watch ferries coming in and out of the Port.

We've been waiting all day. The sun is now setting in the horizon. My breaths deeper and my hands twitching. I'm having to hold my wolf back to try and control her as much as possible.

My eyes fall onto the Royal Island. It's been years since Josh, Kane, and I lived there. Our holding was comfortable, and it was the closest we had ever gotten to the King. We were able to recruit several supernatural's—not just wolves. A few Elementals, vampires, and others who decided to join our cause.

Ironically, I really enjoyed living on the Island. Josh and I would blow off steam together. It was the closest we ever had to a normal life. To living our twenties like you'd expect someone in their youth to live. I remember going to bars and clubs with fellow Rebels. There were times we'd go to concerts—listening to different bands and their music.

Remember that one band, my wolf chuckles. The one's dressed as Playboy bunnies? What were they called again?

I think for a moment, Kaspian's Crew?

Yes! My wolf chuckles, That was one hell of a night.

I smile at her comment. Reminiscing on the memories I made on the Island. It was when no one really knew what the Rebellion was. We were quite free—very secretive. Even Joshua loved it there if not for the castle. Whenever we'd see it, which it's quite impossible to miss, it would just remind us of why we're doing what we are.

"I just got word." Kane appears behind us. I turn over my shoulder to look at him. Josh is wearing a large, hooded cloak—typically worn by Kane, but he's nervous being so close to the Mind Warper.

Kane on the other hand is wearing a dark coat with no hood. His white hair glowing under the golden hour of the sunset.

"The Mind Warper has returned to the Island." Kane says with a soft smile. His eyes landing on me, "You'll have an opening around dinner time when the Alpha and Luna of the Port go back to their packhouse."