Chapter 3 - Speak Freely

A/N: F it, here's another chapter today <3 and yes, this book will be Dual POV ;)

***

Aiden

Ezra takes his seat beside the young King as they all gather in the council room. Aiden is slowly growing into his teenage state. His voice now deeper, his face sharpening from its previously rounded features. Everyone expects him to be hotheaded.

Teenage wolves are always irrational. It's a fine line of handling puberty, rebellious incentives, and having to control an animalistic side of them. An instinct to hunt, to procreate, to be...a wolf.

To everyone's surprise, Aiden remains as calm and collected as the day he Ascended the throne. A true testament to the King they expect him to be. Except they have yet to encounter his wolf.

Despite Aiden's wolf making an appearance through his golden gaze, there has been no sign of the boy shifting. The advisors believe that he has but has kept the shift to himself. Ezra knows otherwise.

Having already shifted when Aiden had Ascended, the King is always seeking Ezra's guidance on control. They spend hours meditating in the mornings. Ezra has shown Aiden ways to successfully control his wolf. Telling him to pick up hobbies, and he has.

The King's wolf is meant to be the strongest. The most agile. But without control, it can also be the most destructive. As previous King's and their histories have shown. Aiden refuses to be like his ancestors.

"Your Majesty," One of the advisors says to catch Aiden's attention. Ezra curls his head in the direction of the voice. "We think it would be unwise for you to continue harboring other supernatural's within castle walls."

King Aiden smiles. Now that he's older, the Crown fits better on his head. He still has a ways before it perfectly molds around him. It still looks bigger than it should be. But in a year or two, it should look...perfect.

"And why is that?" Aiden furrows his eyebrows.

"Our wolves are uneasy with the smell of magic and the research being conducted." The Advisor eggs on.

Aiden travels his eyes to the rest of the council, "Do you all feel this way?"

About half raise their hands—signifying they wish to dispel of supernatural's. Aiden frowns, his eyes blazing with curiosity. Before he can speak, Ezra chimes in beside him, "How do you all expect us to get along in the outside world if we decide to segregate within our own walls?"

Ezra turns to the board, watching them carefully. "King Aiden instituted the Law of Inclusivity. Because of this law, we have never had such incredible advancements in our healing, our knowledge, and our Kingdom has been peaceful. We set an example for the outside world."

"But the wolves—"

"Which wolves are they?" King Aiden's voice booms. His golden eyes blaze at the Advisor. A man who's balding and could seriously use a nose trimmer. "To my knowledge, my generation has been much kinder to others than yours was, Fredrick."

King Aiden leans forward, his eyes sparkling. He lets his aura radiate off of him. "Within these walls, I speak to Wiccans, to Vampires, Nymphs, and all creatures who interact with our wolves. Creatures who also need my attention if I am meant to maintain the peace between werewolves and them. The Law of Inclusivity—stays."

"Your Majesty—"

Ezra growls beside the King, standing up from his chair. His Beta voice echoing loudly in the chamber, "Do you wish to defy the King's words?"