Chapter Fifteen

A/N
https://youtu.be/No6WjgxpDxw
Please give this song a listen, it's the song that inspired me to create Anarchy. It's called Anarchy by Lilith Czar. I'm also using Wanda as a template of sorts, for Anarchy. So when she comes to full power, I'm inspired by Wanda in Multiverse of Madness.

Annabelle's POV

I was looking at a picture of a smiling Reign and reminiced over our short time together. "There you are. What are you doing?" I heard my husbands voice say from behind me. I turned around and met his gaze. "I'm just thinking about her. You know, it would have been exactly 9 years next week? She would have been 16 years old." I told him with a weak smile. "I know." He said, stepping infront of me and pulling me into a hug. "I miss her." I told him. "I do to, believe me." He said, pressing a kiss to my head. "But don't forget about this one." He said, placing his hands on my stomach. I looked up at him with a loving smile, when a commotion distracted me. I looked outside and could recognise that red hair anywhere. I turned back to Erik and put the photo down. "Jean's here." I told him. His brows furrowed. "Come on." He told me, as we both went outside.

Landing on the ground, I turned to one of the mutants. "Leave her." I told him and he stepped aside. "Why are you here?" Erik asked her. When she didn't answer, we invited her in. Erik poured three cups of water and approached her. "Are you hurt?" I questioned. "No." She said. "You'll have to forgive them. They're not accustomed to uninvited guests." He told her, handing over one of the cups. "Please." He offered, encouraging to sit down. He gave me a cup and we all sat down. "Why don't you start at the beginning?" I suggested, she remained silent. "Who's blood is that?" Erik inquired. Her eyes met his and she looked like a deer in headlights. "What?" She asked. "On your shirt. Whose blood is it?" He repeated. She looked scared as she glanced down. "Look, I'm not Charles. I can't read your mind." He said. She took a breath, then looked up at him. "You hurt people." She said, taking us both by surprise. Erik glanced to me, before turning back to her. "It's been a while." He said, taking a sip of water. "But you did." She pressed. "Yes." He snapped. "What did you come here to ask me?" He asked. "How did you stop?" She asked, looking terrified. Erik paused and finished his drink, then looked back at her. "I've lived with vengeance my whole life. Ever since I was a child. I, lost alot of people I loved." He said, getting up to refill his cup. "So yes. I hurt people. Yes, killed people. Killed whatever I thought would make the pain go away." He told her, standing up and facing her. "It didn't. No matter how many souls I sent under, so I stopped." He finished. Jean shook her head. "I don't know how to stop. I don't know what's happening to me." She said, tears filling her eyes. I shot Erik an alarmed look, but we let her finish. A tear slipped down her cheek. "When I lose control, things happen, bad things to people I love." She sniffed. My face hardened. "Whose blood is that?" I asked. "Isn't that why you came here?" I pressed. "What do you think we can do for you?" Erik questioned. "I don't know!" Jean cried, rubbing at the bloodstain. "Yes you do. Whose blood is that?" Erik asked, growing angrier. "I don't want to talk about it." She sniffled. "Did you hurt someone?" He pushed. "Erik maybe-" I started. "Please, I-" Jean weeped. "Answer the question Jean." He told her. "Stop Erik, you're making me angry." She cried. "Good. I want you to be angry. Show me what happens, Jean." I watched the exchange with caution as the young girl got emotional. "I don't want to hurt you!" She warned. "What happens when you're angry? Show me. Show me what-" He was interupted by Jean standing up. "Stop!" She yelled. I stood up as a mutant walked in. "We've got military. Inbound." She said. "Stay here." Erik instructed.

We both followed the mutant outside. "Two birds. US." She informed. "Tell everyone to stay calm, but be ready." I told her, she nodded and closed her eyes as the Helicopters landed. Erik held his hand up to power down the propellors. A soldier approached us. "We have a legal right to be here. This land was given to us by the US government." Erik told him. "We have no intention of taking it back." The soldier said. "We're not here for you. We're looking for one of the X-Men. Jean Grey." He said. "We haven't seen her in a long time." I lied. "Then you won't mind if we look around." The soldier commented. "Would you mind if I came to your home, unannounced and uninvited?" Erik asked. "Look, I know who you are. I don't wanna fight." He said, looking between me and Erik. "No, you don't." Erik warned. "Then step aside." The soldier stated. "We have the same rights as you and your family." I told him. "And like I said, we're not here for you." The soldier repeated. "We're here for a girl who gave up those rights when she attacked a squad of police officers. They have families too." He explained. My breath silently hitched in my throat. "Guess you didn't hear about that." He quipped. "We don't get the news out here, Captain." Erik shot back. The helicopter propellors began to whir. The soldier turned to Erik. "Stop that." He instructed, but Erik didn't move. "I said stop that right now!" He repeated, reaching for his gun. "It's not me." Erik said. "It's me." Jean said, revealing herself. We turned around and she levitated down from our house. "Jean." I warned. The soldiers cocked their weapons and pointed them at her. "Jean!" I repeated. Her skin cracked, and a gold glow emitted from them. She held her hand out and spun the helicopter out of control, almost slicing Erik in half, if he hadn't dodged it. She moved to destroy the second one, but Erik thrust his hand out to try and stop it. The soldiers aimed their guns, but she flung them into the lake. Erik strained and held another hand up to try and overpower her. When nothing was happening, I decided to try and help. I brought both of my hands up and produced a black energy, that transferred to the helicopter. But Jean was strong, really strong. "Get in the chopper and go! We can't hold it!" Erik yelled to the soldier. "Fall back! Fall back!" He shouted at the others. They all clambered into the helicopter, and Erik and I flung them back. When they gained back control and flew away, Jean sent Erik and I crashing into a bike rack. I got up and brushed myself off and Erik did the same. Jean looked over at the mess she had made. "Go!" Erik yelled. "Leave this place!" He demaned. "I need your help. I thought you protected mutants here." She said, marching forward angrily. "I am protecting them, from you." Erik scolded. Her eyes softened. "You need to leave." I told her. "Go!" She looked at us one final time before flying off. I looked around at the damage she had caused. "Are you alright?" Erik asked, turning to me with haste. "I will be." I smiled. "But first we need to sort this out." I said.

~~~~~~

We had begun to clean up until a mutant ran up to us and told us that another aircraft was landing nearby. Erik and I shared an alarmed look, and went up to the watchtower. As we looked through the binoculars, we recognised it as the X-Men jet.
"Where are the rest of them?" Erik asked Hank before Magnus ran out from behind him and headed straight for Erik. "It's just us." Hank said, referring to him and Magnus. "What no Charles?" Erik scoffed, wrapping an arm around his son. "If you're looking for Jean, she's gone." I told him. "No, I know that." Hank said. "Then why are you here Hank?" I asked. "You have eyes and ears around the world, to help you find mutants for this place. I want you to help me find Jean." Hank explained. "We have no reason to find her." I told him. "Not for me. Do it for Zephyr and Raven." Hank stated. "Did they send you?" Erik asked, but that seemed to trigger Magnus' tears. Hank's eyes softened and tears formed in his eyes. "You don't know?" He asked. I stepped closer to him whilst Erik stayed with Magnus. "Know what Hank?" I questioned. "They're both dead." Hank breathed. My heart dropped and my breath quickened. "Jean killed them." Hank said. "Whatever sick joke this is, it's not funny. You can go now." Erik seethed. Silent tears fell down my face. "It's not Dad, it's true." Magnus said through sobs. The world slowed down as I dropped to my knees and let out a howl of despair. Energy surged out of me and a shockwave knocked everyone back a few feet.

I stayed on the floor and let grief overtake me, I let my head drop and my shoulders slumped and I let the tears fall

I stayed on the floor and let grief overtake me, I let my head drop and my shoulders slumped and I let the tears fall. "Not my baby!" I choked as Magnus and Erik knelt next to me. "I'm sorry, Mom." Magnus said, wrapping his arms around me and crying into my shoulder. "What's wrong with me?" I cried, and I felt Erik's head on top of mine. "Nothing is wrong with you Annie." Erik said into my hair. "Nothing at all." He cooed. "I need you to help me find Jean." Hank said.
I stood up with my tear stained face and turned to Hank menacingly. "If I find her, I will kill her." I warned Hank. "I know." He nodded.