Chapter Eleven

Annabelle's POV

"Annabelle?" A voice said from beside me. I looked up and saw Hank. "Hank, thank God. Where's Charles?" I asked. "He's out. Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" He asked, noticing my tear stained cheeks. "No, but I really need to see Charles and we need to get a room for these two." I told him. "Who are they? Are they in danger?" Hank said, helping me up. "I want Papa." Magnus said, tugging my tshirt. "I know baby, he'll be here." I said turning to my son. "They're mine and Erik's children. Please, they need to rest." I pleaded. Hank looked at me in shock, but nodded anyway. "Okay sure, I'll get them a room. Follow me. I'll let Charles know when he's back." He told me, helping me up. "Here, let me." He said, picking up Zephyr, so I could carry Magnus.

Hank's POV

I let Annabelle and her kids stay in one of he spare rooms and headed down the hall to see if Charles was back yet. On my way, I stopped when I noticed a familair face. "Raven." I said in disbelief, alerting her. She looked over and we met in the middle. "Wow, um...You're..." She interrupted. "Not blue?" She asked. "Looks like you and I have that in common now." She frowned. "No, no. I meant, um, you're...you're back." I sighed. "Never thought I'd see you here again." I said. She looked around. "Yeah, me neither." I watched her, as she looked around almost reminicing. "I'm blue." A boy said, poking his head into my line of sight. "I'm Kurt." He waved. "Oh right." Raven said. "Kurt Wagner." He introduced, holding his hand out. "Welcome." I said, slightly taken aback.

~~~~~~

After checking on Annie and the kids, who were all asleep, I took Raven down to the basement, where I had been working on a new version of the jet from all those years ago. "Wow." She breathed. "Hypersonic, blast resistant, stealth technology." I told her. "It's impressive. How are you ever going to get it out of here?" She asked. "Oh." I sighed in mock defeat. "Well that's okay, I built a retractable roof into the baseball court." I smiled. "Hank you're building a warplane down here." She said. "After what happened in Washington, I thought we were going to come back and start the X-Men like we all used to talk about. But.." I trailed off. "Charles wants students, not soldiers." Raven sneered. "And he thinks the best of people. He has hope." I added. "And you?" She asked. "You know, I think we should hope for the best. And prepare for the worst. I think the world needs the X-Men. And maybe now that you and Annabelle are back, you could help me convince him. We could all start it together." I told her. "Wait Annie's back?" She asked, before shaking her head. "Hank, I'm here about Erik." She said. "Right. Erik. Yeah, of course." I scoffed. "I think he might be in some kind of trouble. Potenially Annabelle too. Real trouble." She emphasised when I didn't turn around. "Well, isn't he always?" I asked, suddenly turning sour.

Charles' POV

"Hank? Are you in here?" I asked, as Alex, Moira and I went into my office. "I'd like you to meet..." I stopped, when I saw Hank and Raven sat down. "Moira!" Raven said in surprise. "Raven?" I said. "I'm sorry, have we met?" Moira asked her. "Hank, Alex, Agent MacTaggert. Would you give us one moment please?" I asked. "Of course." Moira smiled. The door closed and Raven stepped closer. "Charles, why didn't she recognise me? She knew me in this form." She asked. "Well, after you left me on the beach in Cuba, I took her memories of that time. Have a seat." I instructed, moving behind my desk. "Lucky girl." She muttered. "Its, good to see you Raven." I smiled, still in shock. "Welcome home." I said. "This isn't my home." She interrupted. "It was once." I said back. "No it was your home, with Annabelle. I just lived here. Did you know she's here too? I haven't seen her myself, but Hank said she came here with her two kids." Raven explained. My eyebrows furrowed. "She is? I thought she was laying low with Erik?" I asked. "Yeah, but the world doesn't change. That's why she's here." She told me. "And that's why you're not in you're natural blue form." I added. "That's why I'm here. They got found out. Annie's here, but Erik's not. They found a body of a child, no more than 10, along with a handful of policemen." She explained. "The whole world will be looking for them." I breathed. "Did Hank say where Annie is?" I asked her. "He put them in a spare room." She told me.