Chapter 6 • wandered off

The middle of the night Bruce woke up,once again in a cold sweat.

"Another dream" he whispered, 4 days had passed yet the dreams stayed in place. A burning image of those nightmares in his mind. It was 1:23am but Bruce decided he wasn't going back to sleep. Instead he went on his bike to clear his mind. Bruce always liked riding his bike if he ever needed to relax.

Walking into the garage,he grabbed his bike and carefully carried it through the front door, he didn't want his mom finding out he had gone out so early. And the garage door is loud when it opens. So it's quieter this way.

Once in the driveway, Bruce hopped on his bike and began cruising throughout the neighborhood,still staying close to his own house.
He kept thinking to himself of when Vance would get out of the hospital, when those dream would end, when everything would just go back to normal.

He was in a trance of his mind. Slowly realizing he didn't know where he was. He was to busy to realize his body went to airplane mode and just rode wherever.
"Shit" he thought. He Rode as fast as he could to try to find his house. And hour passed and he finally knew where he was, he thought he could cruise going back home now.

Finally back home, Bruce picked his bike up and did the same thing he did when going outside. He quickly went to his room quite not to wake anyone. Plopped onto his bed and stared at the wall. He zoned out long enough that the sun had risen, birds chirping in the distance.

Just like the past 4 days,he went to go visit Vance after swiftly getting ready.

"I'm leaving mom" he shouted across the hall

"Take your sister, don't worry I'm picking her up early for the doctor"  his mother said walking up to him

"Doesn't she have school?" Bruce asked

"It's for the some random holiday they get the day off"

"Ohh ok"
"Amy let's go" he shouted as he put his shoes on.

Amy packed her bag with toys and ran to put her shoes on, Still in her pjs. Bruce's mother told her to go change and she ran back up the stairs to put something on. After waiting a long minute Amy walked back down and they headed out to the hospital. On the way they grabbed some snacks from the grab n go-And took a small shortcut.

"My friend got a dog!" Amy exclaimed

"She got a dog?!" Bruce imitated her, acting seriously interested in her friend getting a dog.

Amy just looked at Bruce rudely before looking forward and wandering off, getting distracted. They were right in front of the hospital and Amy ran in because she saw a dog inside.

"Amy wait" Bruce shouted, running after her. He got inside but couldn't find her. Running around trying to find Amy, asking around before he ran into a familiar blonde boy.

"I'm sorry, my bad" Bruce apologized

"Hey Bruce" Vance replied

"Have you seen my sister? She wandered off..again"

"Maybe look where the dogs are? I saw some passing in the hallway"

"I was planning on visiting you but now I have to find this kid or I'm in big trouble" Bruce complained

"I'll be here" Vance said

Bruce ran off after giving a small wave to Vance.

"AMY there you are" Bruce yelled.

Amy was looking at the dogs, carful not to pet because she knew they were service animals"
(Amy W)

——
Sorry I hadn't posed in a long time
Brance WILL be happening next chapter for a fact 🤞
Hope you enjoyed bye 🫶🏼