Chapter 2 • project

Bruce had to walk to school this morning because his little sister was sick and his mother wanted to watch over her. He didn't mind it, he liked the cool breeze in the morning before going to school and having to listen to loud kids. After he got there he headed to first period. Before he knew it it was time to head to his last class, he hadn't seen vance all day. They had planned to do a project and Bruce was wondering where he is. Lucky enough Vance walked in minutes later after class started. Bruce was to focused on his test to look up to see who came in, a paper ball hit his head and he turned around to see. It was Vance, Bruce felt a slight relief to see him there, he thought he was gonna have to start the project himself.

The bell rings and Bruce neatly puts his stuff away in his bag to catch up to Vance,who was already out the door.

"Vance wait-we have to do the project remember?"

"What project?" Vance replied

"The history one..remember yesterday?" Bruce was weirdly looking forward to having a "friend" over. He had friends just not ones who truly wanted to talk to him.

No I don't remember,look I gotta go"

Bruce was slightly disappointed because now, he had to do the project himself. He decided he better get worked on it now once he gets home.

"Mom I'm home" Bruce announced as he was taking his shoes off.

"Hi Bruce" Amy groggily said

"Doing better?" Bruce asked

"I guess" Amy went right back to sleeping on the couch after saying hi to her brother.

Bruce quickly went up stairs to start on the project. Halfway in he heard ringing downstairs.
"Let's hope it's Vance" Bruce thought.
He ran downstairs to see who it was

"Hello?" The voice said

"Who is this?" Bruce responded

"It's ____  " it was one of moms friends

"Oh yea,hm okay bye" Bruce was again disappointed, and carried on with the project.

"Finally done" he whispered. Slight annoyed that Vance never helped,or at least called.

He went straight to bed afterwards since he had school in the morning,and it was a little late.

After leaving school,vance ran straight home. His mother was sick and he hated when that happened. He wanted to take care of her,he was a mamas boy after all. He planned on calling Bruce to tell him to come over to his house since he wanted to watch over his mother. But he lost the paper in his messy room.

"I'm fine, you'll get sick too" his mother complained

"I want you to get better without straining yourself from work" Vance handed her some soup. Nobody knew but his mother that vance liked cooking and baking (yes I added this to make him seem soft 🫡) he didn't tell anyone because he thought people would call him "soft". Everyone at school was scared of him so nobody would Think he is "soft" if he just acted tough.

"Goodnight mom"

"Goodnight sweetie" his mother replied back

Vance plopped into bed and fell asleep before hitting his pillow.

———
Hi sorry if the chapter is a lil shorter. The "incident" might happen soon you never know 😈
Did I not give u the satisfaction? 😍
Okay bye hope u enjoyed I'll post again 🫶🏼