1

"Kai, have some manners. Go and greet the prince." A hand pushed the little black haired boy forward. Fortunately, he didn't stumble.

The forenamed child, Kai, stared at the head of blue in front of him. He really wanted to touch it. But he can't. He can't disrespect the prince.

Meeting the golden eyes of the young prince, Kai bowed his head and reached out his palm for a handshake.

After a while of waiting and not receiving any, Kai looked back up. Staring right at the prince with his black eyes.

Kai saw him flinch. Why?

Not knowing what to do, Kai looked back at his mother, who stood anxiously waiting behind him. She sent him a wary smile, waving her hands in signal for him to keep going.

Kai tilted his head in confusion, but he turned back to the Prince. He presented his hands again but this time said, in a small but frank voice, "Mom want me to be your friend."

The woman behind him slapped her forehead, grumbling under her breath.

The prince looked at him incredulously and didn't take his hand. He scrunched his nose up in distaste, "You're weird. I don't want to be your friend."

Kai took back his hand, looked back at his mother but she was already talking to someone else. Completely ignoring them two. He turned back to the prince and stepped closer.

With their sudden close proximity, the prince wanted to step back but Kai reached forward and held firmly to his arms.

"I am Kai Idunn. What is your name." Kai pulled their faces very close, to the point he could feel each other's breath.

The prince nervously looked at him before quietly whispering, "Esmond Aethalweald."

Kai let him go, given him a blank stare before responding. "I don't want to be your friend."

Esmond was taken aback, after everything Kai had just done he was just gonna retreat like this?! No way! With the pride of a prince as well as the arrogance of a spoiled child, Esmond couldn't stand Kai's words.

He glared at Kai and gripped his clothes, "I won't allow you! You have to be want to be my friend! You have to be my friend!" Amongst Esmonds crazy words, the grown ups around them looked back at the two and started whispering around them.

Kai stared at Esmond, nodded and looked back at his mother.

"Mom, I did what you told me. Can we go home now?" The lady besides his mother giggled, teasingly nudging her side.

His mother looked at him with a stiff smile. "Why don't you two play for a while, hm?"

Kai gave her an unflattering face. "That wasn't what you said before."

His mother approached him with a gentle smile, though it didn't fully towards her eyes. "Kai, what did I tell you about making that face? Hm?"

Kai turned back to Esmond, "Let's go. There's a demon nearby." Without a response, he dragged the Prince away.

"Hahaha, your child is so amusing, Lady Nanaia. I hope my Esmond can keep up with him,"

Lady Nanaia rubbed the bridge of her nose, turning towards her close friend. "Please, Amalthea. He has some kind of brain damage, he never wants to interact with playmates I introduce to him. This time is only different because I promised him if he made friends, I'll allow him to advance his studies early."

"Well that doesn't sound all bad, it seems like your Kai has a lot of potential for the future." Amalthea waved her fan gently, letting the cool breeze brush through her aqua bangs. Nanaia glanced at her friend, and looked back at the small retreating figures in the distance.

"I know... I just don't like how similar he is to Daimuid. Im afriad hes going to put too much pressure on himself, " Amalthea pressed her fan closed.

"Nanaia, relax. As long as Kai has good guidance and knows what's he doing, I'm sure he'll be fine. If he surrounds himself with the right people, he won't fall down the path of your ....Ahem, Daimuid."

Nanaia sighed, "I hope so."