𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

"I will recognize that brat as my brother, so that he will be prince and you are to marry him, in exchange for that, you go back to your kingdom and tell your father, I will still take your land as part of my kingdom"

"What?" Y/N couldn't believe what she just heard. Did Sukuna really said that or has he gone crazy or something?

"Do not make me repeat my words, lady" Sukuna said.

Even Yuji could not believe what he's hearing. "I'm going to be...a prince?" he mutters.

"Will you take the offer or we'll go back to square one instead?" Sukuna's voice echoed in the room. Y/N has no other answer but yes, yet she first gave Yuji a look, asking if he is okay with that, Yuji contemplated about this sudden decision, he was to become prince, yet he also remembered his grandfather, and the reason why he presented himself with Satoru's information about him being his brother, so without anymore hesitation, he gave a determined look.

"Very well...my decision is..."

━━━━━━━━━━━

Wedding bells never rang despite a wedding ceremony occurred.

There was no reception too, no feast and definitely no celebration, contrary to the royal tradition.

The moment both Y/N and Yuji agreed, the wedding immediately occured, and they exchanged vows and then it's done.

It was abrupt and all, no proposals, no engagement, and very far from the dream wedding Y/N ever dreamed of, but it still made her happy.

Because Sukuna finally let her do what she wants as long as he gets their land. And couldn't care less of her father's problems anymore.

Yuji, despite being declared as prince, was not actually given lots of responsibilities as prince.

A miracle, how this tyrant king actually gave Yuji a land in his name in which the princess and him both will settle down.

It was a land far from the capital, where a small palace was also built, it was a palace where the royal family stays at when they have a vacation there. And Yuji had accepted it, for Y/N and for his grandfather.

Speaking of grandfather, Itadori Wasuke kept apologizing to Y/N when they met.

"I'm really sorry, your highness, I only wanted to protect my grandson" he says. "And I put your life in line, please, take away my life as punishment"

Yet Y/N could never do that, she kept on saying he was forgiven and that she understood.

As soon as news went to the Zen'in kingdom, Maki and Megumi sighed in relief as all went according to plan. "Damn that white haired man really wasn't kidding, his cards were all right" Maki spat in disbelief.

And since the plan did work, Yuji offered Satoru, a permanent residency in his land as payment of gratitude, to which he never once hesitated to accept since finally he found a place he'd like to settle in.

Though he was given a place, he always visits Yuji and Y/N in their palace though, he almost lives there to pester them.

"Is this really alright for you?" Yuji asked Y/N as they rested at the balcony. "Are you really fine with marrying me? It was all of a sudden, I wasn't even able to propose to you, I'm not ready to be a prince, you deserve a better-" he blabbers when Y/N shushed him.

"Shh" Y/N smiled and chuckled then just stared at him.

"W-what?" Yuji started feeling conscious at her stare.

"Nothing, you're just so charming" she chuckled. "Ever since the first day we met"

Yuji's eyes widened and he chuckled and snaked his arms on her waist and pulled her close.

"It was all sudden, but I'm glad things turned out like this" she continued as she leaned her head on his shoulders. "I will never regret it marrying you, Yuji, please don't ever forget that, I have never felt so happy in my life until I met you"

"I'm so lucky to have you" Yuji said then kissed her cheek. "I'll love you until the end of time, Y/N, I'm so glad I was the one who found you in the forest that day."

"And I'm glad you are the one who found me, Yuji"

And they kissed, and both had never been so happy in their lives.

Soon they had a proper wedding, it was small but their close friends were present as well as Y/N's brother, Noritoshi, and a celebration had occured.

And soon they'd have kids of their own, and their story will be passed, generations to generations, how a princess ran away from her kingdom and a villager saved her, eventually fell in love with each other as they braved challenges and finally ended up together.

-fin-

Thank you so much for reaching the ending! Despite not updating for a long time, you still stayed and read this, I couldn't be more happy.
❤️