𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. reunited

It was yet another sunny day, but despite the scorching heat of the sun, Y/N still went out to buy ingredients in the market. For months of staying with the Itadoris, she learned how to cook and she always gets complimented by Yuji, and once by his grandfather, and now she's planning on making dinner for them.

Yuji was out for hunting and his grandfather was still asleep. Y/N did not fear anyone in this village anymore as there isn't a single soul who knows her identity except of course, Yuji's grandfather. So she is now confident to go out alone and already knew how to live a life of a commoner, as if she is already a commoner herself.

She already forgotten that she is a princess, had not someone she knew found her.

She was already done buying all she needed in the market, and was already on her way home when someone suddenly pulled her into a corner with no people around. Her eyes widened when the person lifted her hood.

"Oh my goodness! Your highness, it really is you!"

"Nobara?"

"Of course! Who else! Oh my god I cannot believe I found you!" Tears were starting to form on Nobara's eyes as she hugged Y/N tight.

"I thought... I really thought you were really gone, Lady Maki said Prince Megumi already found a lead, that you're in this village, but we never found you, it's already been two weeks and I almost gave up already"

Y/N didn't know what to do or how to feel, is it happiness that Nobara is safe and was with Maki, or is it fear because all her forgotten duties resurfaced, upon seeing someone she knew so well, she was suddenly reminded of her life in the palace and what happened to her prior to her life with the Itadoris.

'The freedom and happiness I felt is just temporary after all...'

'What if I need to go back? I'll leave Yuji and his grandfather behind...I'll leave Yuji behind? Then I won't see him again...I won't see him again! No...no, no, wait'

"Princess, are you okay?" Y/N snapped out of her thoughts and faced Nobara with an awkward smile.

"I'm just shocked you are here Nobara, and I'm glad you're safe, how about Toge? Where is he?"

"He's with me earlier, but we separated, come let's find him-" Nobara paused as she took the princess's hand and felt her skin.

"What is it, Nobara?"

"Princess, your hands are not as soft as it was before, what happened? Oh no, how did you live alone? Your highness, where did you stay? Were you exploited? Your clothes...your clothes are old, oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry we didn't find you sooner!"

"Shh, Nobara it's okay, I'm okay, I'm safe and I live with two gentlemen who took care of me"

"That's good, that's-gentlemen? You're living with men?! Oh no, it's our fault, what would have they done to you?" Nobara almost had a heartattack.

"Nobara, calm down, they did nothing but help me, they're really good people, I can assure you, come I want you to meet them!" Y/N dragged Nobara away towards their village.

And when they came there, Y/N was taken a back that Yuji was already home, and was talking to two people she clearly knew.

"Hey! Y/N! We have visitors!" Yuji waved at her, and even though she was still confused, she still went near them.

'What is Prince M-'

"Y/N, meet my new friend, Gumi and Toge, they're merchants but we got along really well"

The spiky haired man and the platinum blonde man turned to her and greeted her and she did the same.

"Yuji, meet Nobara, a childhood friend of mine, we just reunited earlier" Y/N also introduced Nobara.