𝙨𝙞𝙭. the sunshine boy

Yuji hummed a tune as he prepares the ingredients for breakfast. He was excited to get to know the girl he found. Yesterday when he went home with groceries and cooked dinner, he swore her eyes sparkled as she tasted his cooking. It made his heart full knowing someone other than his grandfather enjoys his cooking (although his grandfather actually never admits it out loud, he's sure he loves his food as there is always no leftovers).

Today, he swore to himself that it is his mission to make the girl smile genuinely, she smiles at them, but that smile lacks something. And he doesn't know the reason why.

"Which reminds me, she hasn't told me the reason why she was in that forest, and I don't know anything about her except her name" he mumbles as he mixes the batter. He was making pancakes.

"Good morning" a groggy voice greeted and his body turned to face the one who said it. He flashed a gleaming smile and returned the greeting, but with more enthusiasm.

"Good morning Y/N! Did you have a good night's sleep?"

Y/N doesn't know why, but she couldn't find anything that could make her be wary of the boy in front of her. He's practically a stranger, yet she doesn't feel any negative aura radiating from him. He was just simply a genuine person. One who wears his heart on his sleeves.

Even though she did not actually have a good night's sleep because of the thoughts that were keeping her up, she just nodded in response.

"I'm making pancakes! I hope you'd love it too, come, sit here" he ushers her to the dining table and Y/N just followed.

"Is the dress okay? I apologize if it doesn't suit your taste" he says as he lightly scratches his forehead. "But I thought it would really look good on you" he says. "You're really pretty, actually any dress would look good on you" he added.

His comment made Y/N blush subtly, she doesn't know why she feels so comfortable around the boy that she couldn't keep her emotions to herself. "No, the dress is actually really pretty, thank you very much" she replied, trying to hide her face.

'Although it isn't as comfortable as the ones I had in the palace, this is good enough'

Itadori smiled as he continued mixing the batter, when he was finished, he gathered some charcoal and to make fire.

Y/N on the other hand, just watched him as he does things. Making fire on an old small stove amazed her that she didn't realize she muttered "Amazing" under her breath.

"I'm just making fire, Y/N, what's amazing about it?" He chuckled which made the girl cover her mouth in surprise.

"Did I just say it out loud?"

"You did" he chuckled and poured batter into the pan. "By the way, I want to get to know you, do you mind if I ask questions?"

Y/N contemplated at first, yet she couldn't find a reason to refuse, he saved her life, so it's just fair to give him bits about herself. "Sure" she replied. "Go ahead"

"Okay!" He exclaimed and glanced at her, but still making sure he doesn't neglect the pancakes.

"Why were you in the forest?"

Y/N didn't expect him to be this blunt and straight to the point. But of course he would be curious.

"I was being chased by bandits" she shortly replied, she was telling the truth, but she didn't give more details.

"Are you perhaps a noble lady?" Y/N was at awe at how sharp Yuji was. "You wore an expensive dress and you had jewelry, so I assumed you were one. Are you?"

Y/N kept quiet, his assumption wasn't right yet it wasn't really completely wrong either in terms of high status, yet when speaking of status, hers is even higher than that of a noble lady. Yuji's smile suddenly vanished as he thinks his question was out of line. "I'm sorry if it offends you, you can choose not to answer, noble or not, I wouldn't care anyway" he says and tried to flash a friendly smile.